1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
601 Posts
without doctors they wouldn't know what a cerebellum was.

there are many things we don't understand yet, especially about the brain; but that doesn't make their not knowing any worse than yours

·
Registered
169 Posts
wow, my lady and i were talking about this just a couple of hours ago. unless im mistaken, this is the first time (that we know of) that this has ever happened. it's really interesting to see what the kid can do, considering he should be completely incapable of certain functions...

also makes me wonder how far we'll blur the lines between "born x weeks early" and "miscarriage."

·
Registered
892 Posts
I recall reading an article last year where a shocking number of physicians were using Wikipedia as part of their research which is scary. I'm sure they feel the same way about patients self-diagnosing themselves using the same resources however. Just remember that there are always doctors who graduated at the bottom of their class and are very likely seeing someone today so it's best to shop around as with anything else.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The brain is pretty amazing, and we still know so little about it. It's plastic enough to where all of the cerebellum & pons functions have been taken up by other structures to one degree or another. The cerebellum is one thing, but he shouldn't even be alive without a pons.

·
Banned
37 Posts
I recall reading an article last year where a shocking number of physicians were using Wikipedia as part of their research which is scary. I'm sure they feel the same way about patients self-diagnosing themselves using the same resources however. Just remember that there are always doctors who graduated at the bottom of their class and are very likely seeing someone today so it's best to shop around as with anything else.
Shop till you drop ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.