Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes whats up I just ordered the Icon Variant in Etched Red(i know its not the style for everyone) from riderschoice in etobicoke or riderschoice.ca and was wondering about the shields they have, as i do a lot of night riding so dont want to sacrifice my saftey for a cool looking shield these are the two i was looking at you think either of these will be good at night and whats ypur experiences with coloured/tinted shields?

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
I have a really dark shield on my helmet and it's not good for riding at night. I have done it a few times but if I know ahead of time that it's going to get dark, then I throw on my clear shield.
+1. I have a mirrored iridium shield, and its really terrible at night. And I always forget to bring my clear visor.

If you go dark tint or iridium make sure you have a clear visor on days where you may be riding home at night.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use a dark tint visor, and, not to beat a dead horse, but if you plan to ride at night, make sure you have a clear visor with you.

·
Banned
941 Posts
I have a really dark shield on my helmet and it's not good for riding at night. I have done it a few times but if I know ahead of time that it's going to get dark, then I throw on my clear shield.
+1

Usually keep my clear shield in my backpack and switch it out if it gets dark before I get home. However, there are occasions where I go through tunnels during the daytime and I can't see shit.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a silver mirror shield on one helmet and a dark tint on my other... I'll never buy a mirror/iredium shield again, on bright days i hated seeing myself... kinda distracting...

about riding at night... both mirror and tint are way too dark to ride safely at night. I keep a pair of yellow tint riding glasses in my backpack now just in case I get caught out after dark...

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
No tint for me...easily scratches, extra money for bling and really doesn't offer an true advantage for riding.

I like to minimize what I need to bring so I ride using a light smoke. THat way you can still see at night.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use a scorpion exo 1000 helmet that has a tinted flip down visor in it for during the day and a nice clear shield for night riding because I do half my riding during the day and half at night love it! :grouphug2:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I actually just ordered a Bell RS-1 and was thinking about getting that self tinting sheild. Has anyone used one and what do you think of it?
I have it on my Star, Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play with it since I got it.

I will say though when the Bell sales girl demonstrated it using a flashlight it changed fairly quickly to a good shade. I've been meaning to take it out in the sun this week, but its been raining here the past couple days.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I used to have a heavy to mirrored tint and keep a pair of clear glasses to wear if I got caught out at night since in a lot of states it is illegal to ride with a tinted visor. I switched to running a clear visor and wearing sunglasses. I just recently bought a slightly tinted visor, I have not tried it during the day so I do not know what I am going to run now.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts