Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted a shark pipe to my bike last night. Started it up but haven't ridden it yet. Heading off on a 2 week tour in 3 weeks, just wondering if I should have the bike Remapped before this tour, or whether
I can get away with it with the standard mapping?

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
is it a TOR map I need? or is there a specific Map for this pipe?
There's no specific map for the Shark. If you have the dealer do it, you'll want them to load the TOR or Triumph Off Road tune. Some dealers have no clue what TOR is. :laugh:

You could have a custom tune created if you had a tuneboy, but that's a whole different story...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good, contacted my local Triumph dealer and they can do it for around 50 pounds. They don't dyno the bike though, they simply load the map. Does it need a dyno as well? Took the bike out today, and while it was 'loud as hell', I felt it wasn't as smooth and didn't handle as well as when the stock was on (especially when coming down into 1st gear). So a remap would sort this out then? Thanks for the help. JP

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Sounds good, contacted my local Triumph dealer and they can do it for around 50 pounds. They don't dyno the bike though, they simply load the map. Does it need a dyno as well? Took the bike out today, and while it was 'loud as hell', I felt it wasn't as smooth and didn't handle as well as when the stock was on (especially when coming down into 1st gear). So a remap would sort this out then? Thanks for the help. JP
No dyno needed. The dyno would only help if you had a tuneboy where you could customize the tune. The remap will sort out you're issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts