Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the market to purchase one and was wondering what the difference is between a 2006 and 2007 675. I've been searching all over the internet and forums but couldn't find the answer. Would really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction and/or explain the difference.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
from what i have read a few times i would go with the '07. better overall build quality and they worked out some issues.
i'd like to see where you read that information as the two bikes are exactly the same minus color options. unless of course you meant 09 and not 07.

@freshh:
not to be rude to a new member....but only 4 posts and 3 new threads...when answers to two of the threads are already out there.
could you please try using the search bar? :thumbup:

·
Registered
601 Posts
i'd like to see where you read that information as the two bikes are exactly the same minus color options. unless of course you meant 09 and not 07.

@freshh:
not to be rude to a new member....but only 4 posts and 3 new threads...when answers to two of the threads are already out there.
could you please try using the search bar? :thumbup:
for additional reference:

Attachments

·
Banned
941 Posts
So I'm in the market to purchase one and was wondering what the difference is between a 2006 and 2007 675. I've been searching all over the internet and forums but couldn't find the answer. Would really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction and/or explain the difference.
Northridge? San Fernando Valley?

If so, I have a buddy that lives in Porter Ranch with an 06 Scorched Yellow that he's planning to sell soon.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i have been looking for the posts that lead me to type in what i did. of course now i am not finding them. :(

basically from the posts i have read (the Daytona that caught on fire being one that i believe reading was in fact a 2006) i have seen more postings of odd issues on the 2006 bikes rather than the 2007. something along the lines of the wires being changed around fixing a situation that may happen. little things like that and whatnot.

but this type of thing is to be expected. the first release of anything will have issues (mostly minor little things at that). over the years of building they hone everything down and mostly only minor things get tweaked or changed.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i have been looking for the posts that lead me to type in what i did. of course now i am not finding them. :(

basically from the posts i have read (the Daytona that caught on fire being one that i believe reading was in fact a 2006) i have seen more postings of odd issues on the 2006 bikes rather than the 2007. something along the lines of the wires being changed around fixing a situation that may happen. little things like that and whatnot.

but this type of thing is to be expected. the first release of anything will have issues (mostly minor little things at that). over the years of building they hone everything down and mostly only minor things get tweaked or changed.
which fire, hokie's or devilfish's? or another I haven't seen? because IIRC theirs were r/r flukes, a component that did not get updated

·
Registered
437 Posts
which fire, hokie's or devilfish's? or another I haven't seen? because IIRC theirs were r/r flukes, a component that did not get updated
i think it was devilfish's. and i remember it being the r/r, but how the wires on the '06 is a little different in how the tank is right against the wires as opposed to being changed in the 07's. something like that i believe.

i could be remembering incorrectly. i could have sworn it was something along these lines though. there have been multiple things posted like that from what i recall, but i may be off. damn. now i am racking my grey matter trying to remember where and when i read these posts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts