Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: The cops stole my stolen Daytona?

...Legally though, and you've also probably been compensated by your insurance already if so! I bought an 08 (it's an SE, right? See pictures) from a salvage auction, who claims it was a theft recovery vehicle, and I just received it this morning. I took some pictures of my new diamond in the rough! Look over it, I'm going to be parting out some of the more trick parts (ASV Levers, probably the TI Jardine RT-1, some other random stuff.)

The battery is totally toast, but as soon as I get a new one in it, it'll even be complete with street glow in the fairings and under the bike. That'll probably go up for sale, too. :laugh:

If it does belong to one of you it would be cool to connect! If not, enjoy the pictures!

EDIT: New post bringing this back. Have some VERY interesting updates. Check P. 4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Nice buy , going to use on the road or track it ??

want to sell the gold brake fluid reservoirs to me , if so how much shipped to Australia , NSW, p.c. 2641

·
Banned
941 Posts
nice! (besides the neon). How much did you pay for her?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
nice! (besides the neon). How much did you pay for her?
+1 , only if you dont mind us asking. i was curious of what bikes go for at auction, salvage ones. im thinking of picking one up at auction to track, prob be an sv560 tho.

congrats on a nice buy :thumbup:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 , only if you dont mind us asking.
I don't mind you asking at all, but I'm not going to tell you! :tomato:

I didn't get it at the steal that it should have been. I will say, however, that auction bikes can be a deal, or they can be a waste. I lucked out this time (assuming that it will run-more to come on that when I find a battery for the thing.)

I have yet to figure out what to do with it after I part all the tasty stuff out and replace them with stock. Tracking is a preference, but I'd rather have a Triumph on the road and a Duc on the track. Time will tell.

EDIT: Daken-check back in with me in a week's time or so. I've literally had it 11 hours by this point so I need a bit of time before I start making those sorts of decisions.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
how much for the drill j/k

WELCOME ABOARD!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that SE looks so familiar. I'm pretty sure that was a member bike. The Rizoma Grips and Jardine Exhaust
It has a Pennsylvania inspection sticker on the fork leg, perhaps that will jog your memory? I'm really curious to find out who's it was, too! Would be an interesting way to complete the circle.

As for the grips-I thought they were Rizomas, too, but they're not and I can't tell who makes them. Know any knock-offs? Or others that look like them?

I'll take nothing for the electric impact, working with it is priceless to me! Love that thing.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
It's interesting that you have bought this bike and would be returning it to stock form instead of keeping the aftermarket goodies. Especially since you don't know what youi are going to do with it. Care to share a reason?

The midpipe looks to have a wrap on it, that may be an indicator to who it belonged to as well.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I don't mind you asking at all, but I'm not going to tell you! :tomato:

I didn't get it at the steal that it should have been. I will say, however, that auction bikes can be a deal, or they can be a waste. I lucked out this time (assuming that it will run-more to come on that when I find a battery for the thing.)
Considering what I do for a living... Don't feel bad that you didn't get a steal on a salvage bike. Salvage motorcycles bring CRAZY money!Much more percentage wise than cars do. You can still get them at a somewhat lower cost than retail, but as a whole they are not the "steal" people expect from salvage auctions.

Either way, congrats on the purchase and enjoy her!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, someone definitely dropped the fork height. As soon as I get around to it, I'll be taking the fairings off and inspecting everything. First thing to be changed will be the fork height, for sure.

For those who've expressed interest in my plans for it-I'm quite sure this is going to be a flip as a friend of mine has expressed interest in it. If he passes I'll try other mediums of sale but also consider what else can be done with it. I'll be parting out the aftermarket goodies for everyone here! First things first, though, that's finding a battery! Not many places around, but I'm new to the area so hopefully I'll find something this week. I really want to hear the Jardine system's exhaust note as many people here have talked it up.

...Perhaps some of that will happen today! Woo! I recently moved, though, and I'll be working on my bike in an unfamiliar space without all the tools I'm accustomed to. Hoping to figure it all out.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
You can always buy a battery online and have it shipped or go to your nearest Cycle Gear and have one ordered.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a battery that I bought about 6 months ago that I'd be willing to let go of for a fraction of what they cost new. I'll have to check it to make sure it's still good, but it's just been sitting so I'm sure it would be. Will you be getting rid of the sliders and the steering stabilizer?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Elysm1, Typically if a battery hasn't been on a freshening charge within the last 6 months it will no longer be good. Batteries do have a shelf life and if not being actively charged will lose their charge and the ability to hold a charge.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good find, looks like it can look good with a little TLC :cool2:

Interested in the grips and levers when you part out, let me know a price please! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts