Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the differences? Im looking for a true red bike if I decide to go that route but I dont really want to buy used so its looking like Diablo Red is the only choice.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
What do you mean "true red"?

I can't tell you exactly what the color differences are, but they are both great colors. The newer bikes (Diablo red ones) have white decals. Not sure what color the older ones were.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like fire engine red. straight red. no burgundy or other tints. when u look at the triumph site it seems to be a little bit of dark red in the color swatch.

·
Registered
437 Posts
the Daytona red for the past models have been called "tornado red". i was not aware they changed for 2011.

another option is to get whatever color bike and paint it the exact tone you are wanting. if you are doing a solid color all the way i would imagine it will not be too expensive...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats how it appears to me too which is what im afraid of. Would you say Diablo red still looks RED as appose to dark red?

·
Registered
712 Posts
mines tornado. someone post up the diablo red, dont think i have ever seen the difference in them. and theres nothing wrong with buying used, you just have to know what to look for.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think the change is darker but it is subtle. You'd need to take a photo of the two colours side by side in the same light with the same camera to be able to tell the difference easily.

I think the new colour is a more Ducati red.

·
Registered
165 Posts
mines tornado. someone post up the diablo red, dont think i have ever seen the difference in them. and theres nothing wrong with buying used, you just have to know what to look for.
Just wondering if you tend to keep your bike outside or garaged?

Reason I ask is that your plastics look lighter than the tank in this photo...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
perfect, thanks very much guys. seems it is a nice red after all. the little swatch they give on triumph's website for the diablo red is very deceiving.

·
Registered
712 Posts
no mines garaged kept, but i am in the texas heat. it may be the lighting and i think when i put the tech specs on it just added a darker look to the tank. i think thats all it is. standing beside it it all looks the same.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here's my 2011 Diablo Red. It's a bit darker than Tornado Red and different tone of red compared with the Ducati when seeing in person.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ducati Red is probably the closet description i can think of to give you any idea on the colour. It's an odd colour(something about it, very deep) -definitely different to the old Tornado Red, you would have to see it in person to be able to appreciate it and decide for yourself.

·
Banned
365 Posts
im a bit late to this one, but I ever since i saw the diablo red I've beeen impresed by a daytona that wasn't mine or black.
It's like a Ducati/ferrari red mix.
If my bike get's stolen/binned I will get this color add Black or carbon fenders, maybe a white racing cowl...awesome :thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's my 2011 Diablo Red. It's a bit darker than Tornado Red and different tone of red compared with the Ducati when seeing in person.

WOW That's kool color for a kool name, Diablo Red (2011) is a little darker than the Tornado Red (2010) well...I have the 2010 one...tornado or diablo colors both are just sexy...but in my opinion, I will stick with the tornado red, I like it better but LOL I love the word "Diablo" more than "Tornado" haha a little more Spanish :whistle:

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Either color - 13¢ a dozen. Scorched Yellow is where it's at.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts