Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here's my story..... I ordered a H7 and H9 bulb and ballasts from DDM. Received them in no time. Installed the H7 with no problems. And then went to the H9. When I put the cover back on the H9, it wouldn't fit. I did some research and noticed that from another post that his H9 bulb has the wires coming out at a 90 degree angle (just like the stock bulb). Compared to the bulb the sent which were coming straight back form the bulb.

Finally got my HID headlights in Look Lots of PICS - Triumph675.Net Forums
In that post it clearly shows the H9 bulb on the left in the first pic. (notice the 90 degree angle of the wires)

Ive also posted a pic of the bulb they sent me. See how the wires are coming straight out?

Now, with my research I have contacted DDM and told them my issue along with sending them multiple pictures.

They told me that all of their H9 bulbs are like this and none of the have a 90 degree angle..... WTF?!?!?!

Does anybody know what's going on with this?? I like DDM and I have HIDs for my car and are still running strong. This is really quite disappointing.

EDIT!!----DDM does not carry the proper 90 degree H9 bulb anymore due to vendor change! So do not by an H9..it will not fit

Attachments

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Heard about this problem, don't know how to solve it, but it clearly sucks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heard about this problem, don't know how to solve it, but it clearly sucks.
yeah it does. I guess its an old style too. Cant find them anywhere. Someone else on here figured it out. But i really dont want to cut another hole out the back to make it fit..

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the same problem. I just kind of made it fit by not tightening a few of the screws all the way in.. I don't really like that answer to be honest, but am against running the wires threw the back.

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
I ran mine through the side, I tightened the top screws all the way in and then the bottom as much as I felt was a good amount, so far it has lasted about a year, though I dont use my high beam that often, it works everytime I do need it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welp thats good to know. Still uneasy about it though....did you guys take the red and clear gaskets off the bulb? the bulb fits in a lot better with them out....just curious

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. I thought i was the only one gettin screwed. I jammed the cover on. So hopefully it holds up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts