Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the show to see, among other things, the D675r and the new speed triple and the tiger 800, however, they showed up with none of those. In fact, they showed up with nothing but 2010 models! there are newer bikes at dealerships than they had at the show! Incredibly dissapointed, I walked over to the absolutly deserted back side of the yamaha stand. my brother and I were the only people back there, and they had a tech 3 moto gp bike and josh hayes' r1!!! literally nobody was checking them out, it was sick.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I talked with the guys at the Triumph area. They were from Coleman Power Sports (they also had the Ducati area since Ducati North America isn't doing the show this year). I asked about the 675R and they told me that they didn't have any in the store.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I went on Fri....best part about it was that my buddies gf was taken out on the floor for the No Limit guys to do some stunts around her. The Triumph dealer Clinton Cycles was there. I also go to talk to a builder about my project bike and he even offer to help! Good guy.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I went to the show to see, among other things, the D675r and the new speed triple and the tiger 800, however, they showed up with none of those. In fact, they showed up with nothing but 2010 models! there are newer bikes at dealerships than they had at the show! Incredibly dissapointed, I walked over to the absolutly deserted back side of the yamaha stand. my brother and I were the only people back there, and they had a tech 3 moto gp bike and josh hayes' r1!!! literally nobody was checking them out, it was sick.
Interesting. Wonder why they would have a Moto2 bike in the Yamaha area?

Those things do look pretty bad ass in person. Hope to see one again in NYC this Friday.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My bad, I thought he said the GP Moto bike, which was the Jason DiSalvo run at Indy. Makes more sense now.
indeed it was ben spies' bike, pretty cool.

as a side note harsh, I don't think coleman even has triumph bikes... I've been in there a few times and its not listed on thier page

I talked with the guys at the Triumph area. They were from Coleman Power Sports (they also had the Ducati area since Ducati North America isn't doing the show this year). I asked about the 675R and they told me that they didn't have any in the store.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It was Clinton Cycles out of Camp Springs MD. Definately not Colemans.

Overall... Crap.

The first time I went a few years back Ducati had a huge display. This time it really just felt like a giant show room floor. HD was trying some things, but they did it in the middle of the stunt show, which someone decided was a viable thing to do on polished concrete :noclue: .

Kawasaki definitely had the strongest showing.

My "swag" consisted of sunblock for my lips from Progressive. Whooo.

I did buy a new Bell Star with the photochromatic visor from Bell.

I also accomplished sparking Clinton Cycles interest in copying this:

They were planning on building a strictly cafe Thruxton, but hadn't thought of swapping on Street Triple parts. The sales manager was still talking about it with his employee as I was walking off :whistle:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had the same experience at the Dallas show. Planned to spend 8 hours there and we were heading out the door after 2. They also attempted the polished concrete stunt show. Not too bad for the $11 admission, it could have been a lot more but next time I'll just head over to the dealerships because they are free and its about the same experience.

·
Registered
298 Posts
as a side note harsh, I don't think coleman even has triumph bikes... I've been in there a few times and its not listed on thier page
yah I got Coleman confused with Clinton...it happens

I have been to the show for the past 5 years. I don't necessarily go to strictly look at the bikes, but to as a way to get out with some buddies and meet some other people from different forums I am on. Remember I am 3 hours south so that is a lot of bs'ing and laughs which makes for an awesome day.

My main complaint (like every year) is that there aren't enough vendors with sportbike gear. I think I saw one vendor with one piece suits. I really wish Scorpion would come back because I want to try on their Hurricane suit. I think it would be a great match for my SY, but it has to fit correctly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts