Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an 09 Daytona 675 and the Speedo has stopped working. The revcounter and buttons don't work. I have the speedometer from a 2015 street triple ( I also have the fuel tank with fuel level sensor). When I plug the dash from the stripe it lights up and cycles, but won't start the bike. I have read that the dash should be from the same model and year... Is there any way or has anyone found a way around this problem? I would really like to use this new dash.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The ECU looks for a certain voltage from a chip in the cluster.

I recall seeing some posts (though I think this was for an Aprilia Tuono) where people have drilled a hole in the back of the cluster and managed to bypass the chip. Not something I'd recommend. Easier to just sell or trade your cluster and use the money to buy a compatible one.

A dealer may possibly be able to program a bypass. Just guessing but worth a call if one is nearby.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ECU looks for a certain voltage from a chip in the cluster.

I recall seeing some posts (though I think this was for an Aprilia Tuono) where people have drilled a hole in the back of the cluster and managed to bypass the chip. Not something I'd recommend. Easier to just sell or trade your cluster and use the money to buy a compatible one.

A dealer may possibly be able to program a bypass. Just guessing but worth a call if one is nearby.
Thanks for the response, Iv seen threads with people changing or adding resistors for either 60 or 110 ohms.
I dont know enough about electronics to mess around with all that. If I can get the speedo to work then I can use the s.triples fuel tank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts