Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just the proud owner of a D675 but have got a problem with the seat... can't get it off. Key turns anticlockwise ok, I can hear the action from underneath the rear of the seat but it just doesn't want to release.

I've tried pushing, pulling, side to side but it won't budge. Any ideas? Is this a common problem and most importantly how can I get it off?
Many thanks...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had problems with my seat before too. Make sure that the cable for the locking mechanism is secured at the latch. Mine had some how come off the latch and it would cause the cable to pull instead of releasing the latch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, you know I guess its a cable issue and what you say would still cause the noise I hear under the middle of the seat... only, as you say, its not realeasing the latch. Still, my problem is the seat is in place and I can't get at the cable or the latch to sort the problem. Any ideas of how to get the seat off would be appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks very much for the info guys.... success!!

Went down to the local dealer to see whats under the seat (only had the bike a few days!) as I didn't want to grab battery leads etc. Gentle pull on the cable sorted it which sits conveniently on the left hand side. Used a wire coat hanger with a small hook on the end.

You're right about the crappy plastic bit the latch is held by... the cable had gotten out of it.

Thanks again MTP

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
easy fix to prevent this problem going forward

So I had this same problem (saddle latch cable wouldn't engage when turning the key) over the weekend and couldn't access my helmet lock, battery tender pigtails or wireless device chargers to charge my dead gps and ipod. Once I lifted the seat enough to reach in and grab the cable (just used my hands not needle nose pliers or a coat hanger) I decided to do something to prevent this problem going forward. The problem is that the cable comes out of the housing which prevents tension that the mechanism uses to perform. Its a very easy fix since the problem is that the cable is only held in place by gravity. all you will need is a 10mm socket/socket wrench or nut driver, a small wire clamp and (optional) zip tie. I'll spare you a step by step explanation as the photos are self explanatory. The last step I did was add a zip tie as an added security to keep the cable in place and tight. I am a "belt & suspenders" type of guy so I beleive that overkill is an often underrated achievement.

Hand Gesture Automotive lighting Finger Automotive tire

Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Automotive tire

Automotive tire Yellow Finger Motor vehicle Gas

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Hood Yellow Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Light Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger

Hood Motor vehicle Yellow Automotive design Automotive fuel system

Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Cable

·
Registered
42 Posts
A friendly bump ('cause I just used the info in this thread myself) to say thanks! The latch cable had jumped out so now she's secured with a cable tie. Now I can enjoy the gel seat I was attempting to install!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.