Triumph 675 Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
It sounds like the reg/rec and perhaps even the stator are fried. Probably due to the melted connector.
Do some tests...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It sounds like the reg/rec and perhaps even the stator are fried. Probably due to the melted connector.
Do some tests...
Ok so the stator is definitely working and so is the r/r but I will probably replace just as a precaution.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ok guys I ordered a new rectifier and stator. Should have them installed by the weekend. Also got a new relay for blinkers.
Ok guys new rectifier is installed everything seems ok for now. Originally I thought the stator wires had melted but it was actually the rectifier connectors so that's been fixed. Now my issue is the blinker left side is still stuck on. I also notice when I press blinker buttons left or right the cluster display goes dim and the headlights too. Could it be the actual Blinker horn switch on the handle bar? I also disconnected the brake switch and the indicator is still stuck. I have installed a new relay and a new flasher as of now. Can someone point to the front brake switch? Thank you for the Feedback guys. Whoever actually helps me fix this will get a gift card to a restaurant for a steak.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hand Finger Wood Electrical wiring Twig

Terrestrial plant Finger Twig Thumb Creative arts

Finger Thumb Cable Electrical wiring Wire

Ok guys the wiring from the engine harness to the brake light and rear turn signals all melted and may be melted all the way to front of the bike. I have to check but they were all bare and touching. I cut the wiring back from the engine side. I know how to solder and everything like that. What wiring is recommended for replacement of the bad melted section. Also can someone please show the wiring from the male connectors to the brake light and turn signals. The rubber insulation melted all the way off and I can not tell what colors are what. Thanks in advance.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts