Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Has anyone had same issue as I am having now. For no reason whatsoever my speedometer and tachometer glass/plastic cover is getting cracks overnight.
Let's assume those isnt caused by someone, so is it possible that those occur for some other reason? Could there be some internal tension or something?

At the moment Finnish weather doesnt go below 0 celsius at night and most of the time the bike isnt in direct sunlight. So there shouldnt be that much variety in temperature.

My bike is parked right next to my door and bedroom window. I havent heard anything related to those marks. First crack is shown in the first picture. In the second pic, theres 2 more which came after..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bizarre. I've not seen that before. Bad batch of plastic? Housing on too tight? Russian saboteurs (you can never rule this out :) ?

Not done it on a Triumph but I've replaced the cluster cover on several Japanese bikes. For those you can buy just the front piece.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bizarre. I've not seen that before. Bad batch of plastic? Housing on too tight? Russian saboteurs (you can never rule this out :) ?

Not done it on a Triumph but I've replaced the cluster cover on several Japanese bikes. For those you can buy just the front piece.
Bizarre indeed. First crack I noticed when I removed my raincover, which was on my bike for like 2 weeks or so. After that those other 2 came in a week... Goddamn. I live in a very quiet neighborhood..
Russian saboteurs is a viable option though!

Any ideas where I could possibly get such front piece? I have no clue what could be the word for it :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
The good news is that Triumph did sell this piece separately. It's called a Fascia Assembly, Instruments.

It's part # T2501502

The bad news is it may be hard to find for a 15 year old model. In the U.S. it looks to cost about $100.

This place says they have them in stock:

Adept says it fits 08-12 but Triumph says:
This product fits 75 vehicle variants.
Triumph: 3 models, 75 variants between 1994 and 2020.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts