Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I've gone and got myself a Datatool Snitcher to add to my S4 on my Daytona 675. I know from reading in the forums where to put it. Just not sure the best place to pick up power etc.

I can either do it via 10A a fused line straight to the battery, then the other yellow line to the positive side of the rear brake light (for ignition switch), or I've wondered about picking it all up from the alarm harness just before the connector block (see scribd and S4 Series Training Manual) - thinking this may be quicker and tidier.. I've had the bike since new 2010, so the alarm is out of warranty.

Once wired in and tested then I'll connect up the trigger wire.

What do you guys think? Or how has the system been wired in for those that have it?

By the way, if anyone is curious, it was easy as pie to open up and remove the SIM.. shame my phone is currently locked on O2...

Many thanks

Kev.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok, seems I am going to have to modify some what the housing as it won't fit where I want it to fit by about 3-4mm....

I had a look at the plug for the alarm, there are all black wires from the S4 through to the wiring harness which doesn't help.

I am not sure about this "positive side of the rear brake light". When I took off the rear end, the rear light has three wires, one is black, presume an earth, then one yellow, and the other grey (from memory). So I presume one is always on (for the rear light itself), and one is only on when the brake light is activated... ah... something has just clicked... the switch wiring from the rear brake pedal itself... don't know who easy it is to wire to that..

By cutting the wire to any of these, would I invalidate the Triumph warranty?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts