Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its official, the top AMA rider will wear RS-Taichi for the 2011 season! Hopefully more people will start realizing how awesome these leathers are :cool2:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=43045

DALLAS (January 12, 2011) - Moto Liberty is proud to announce that two-time AMA Pro roadracing champion Danny Eslick will wear RS Taichi racing apparel in his quest for the 2011 AMA Pro Daytona SportBike championship and while defending his Vance & Hines XR1200 title.

"I'm pumped to be wearing RS Taichi," said the 24-year-old Oklahoman, who is as notable for his hard-charging ways on the track as for his easy smile and casual demeanor in the pits. He has known Moto Liberty owner and long-time road racing supporter Audrey Menarik since he hit the asphalt: "Audrey was helpful in getting me set up in the right gear when I was making the transition from dirt track to road racing. It's nice to give back to her because she gives so much to the sport," said Eslick.

After winning the 2009 Daytona SportBike championship on a Buell, Eslick cemented his reputation as one of the sport's brightest stars with a runner-up showing on a GEICO Powersports RMR Suzuki and in scoring the XR1200 title last season. For 2011, the 12-time AMA Pro Racing winner will be with the same championship-winning team and outfitted in a full complement of RS Taichi's innovative, Japanese-designed racing apparel.

Eslick, who's led 280 race laps in eight years of professional pavement pounding, said, "I'm looking forward to wearing the right stuff. Most people only think about protection--and I know RS Taichi has me covered with that--but on the track, fit and feel are so important. I won't have to change my riding style to work with my new suits."

RS Taichi's Taka Niwa communicated the entire company's excitement to work with one of America's top road racers: "RS Taichi has worked with professional riders for more than 30 years and we are very happy for this opportunity to support Danny with our riding gear. We know that to concentrate on riding, racers need to be protected with comfortable and protective gear. Of course, it has to be good looking too. We believe that RS Taichi is the brand that can provide the required gear for Danny at the highest level."

Moto Liberty is a major U.S. distributor for RS Taichi high-performance riding gear. Founded in 1976, in Osaka, Japan, RS Taichi is a leader in motorcycle-specific apparel that is engineered with innovation, using state-of-the art materials and construction techniques that ensure the ultimate in protection, comfort and style.

Menarik is excited about this opportunity for Moto Liberty and RS Taichi: "I've been selling race suits for more than 20 years, but being in RS Taichi's pit booth at the AMA Pro races last year reminded me that spectators really do care about which riders represent various brands. With that in mind, I'm thrilled Danny chose to work with us."

About RS Taichi
RS Taichi was founded by Taichi Yoshimura in 1976, in Osaka, Japan. Working with professional riders for more than 30 years, Mr. Yoshimura made RS Taichi into a leader in motorcycle-specific apparel. Engineered with innovation, it has grown into an extensive line of riding gear for track days, racing, sportbiking, cruising and touring. With safety and comfort leading the design process, only state-of-the art materials and construction techniques are used to ensure that protection requirements are exceeded.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sorry, but since when is the "top AMA rider" the guy who threw away a championship in the last race of the season because he was far more interested in making Josh Herrin crash than in beating Martin Cardenas to the finish line?

·
Registered
780 Posts
While I agree RS Tachi is some seriously nice gear I think Danny wearing their stuff has more to do with $$$. I was talking to a certain gear manufacturer over the summer and he was talking to Danny about sponsorships, and Danny told him he would love to wear this manufacturers leathers for 2011. So said CEO/designer told Danny sure that would be awesome we could work something out for sure, and I believe Danny told him that he would do it for $20,000. Well needless to say this unnamed company was way to small and new of a brand to beable to afford to pay a racer to wear their leathers. The owner told me that all his sponsored racers pay for their suits and that he only had one sponsored big named rider in World Super Sport who rode for our favorite brand (I'll let ya'll figure out who that was) who he was able to provide with free gear. Now I understand that this is a racer's livelyhood so they need to make money off endorsing a product, but that story pretty much made me realize that the top pro's will wear just about any brand of gear as long as they are getting paid good money to do so. Granted they aren't going to wear junk gear that will get them hurt. I would love to know what RS Tachi is paying him to wear their stuff. BTW Danny Eslick is one of my favorite AMA racers and is definitly on his way to being a super big name for years to come.

·
Registered
345 Posts
While I agree RS Tachi is some seriously nice gear I think Danny wearing their stuff has more to do with $$$. I was talking to a certain gear manufacturer over the summer and he was talking to Danny about sponsorships, and Danny told him he would love to wear this manufacturers leathers for 2011. So said CEO/designer told Danny sure that would be awesome we could work something out for sure, and I believe Danny told him that he would do it for $20,000. Well needless to say this unnamed company was way to small and new of a brand to beable to afford to pay a racer to wear their leathers. The owner told me that all his sponsored racers pay for their suits and that he only had one sponsored big named rider in World Super Sport who rode for our favorite brand (I'll let ya'll figure out who that was) who he was able to provide with free gear. Now I understand that this is a racer's livelyhood so they need to make money off endorsing a product, but that story pretty much made me realize that the top pro's will wear just about any brand of gear as long as they are getting paid good money to do so. Granted they aren't going to wear junk gear that will get them hurt. I would love to know what RS Tachi is paying him to wear their stuff. BTW Danny Eslick is one of my favorite AMA racers and is definitly on his way to being a super big name for years to come.
I'm confused. I know who you are talking about and I endorse they're products. But how is said leather company saying they are sponsoring racers if the racers have to pay for their suits? How is that a sponsorship? They sound more like paying costumers over sponsored riders.

I'm gonna give it to Eslick on this one. Have a company give you all free gear+money vs. possibly paying for your gear with no extra cash incentive.

Again, nothing against said leather company, because I feel that their product is one of the best around, but now said leathers company knows what it'll take to run with the big dogs.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm confused. I know who you are talking about and I endorse they're products. But how is said leather company saying they are sponsoring racers if the racers have to pay for their suits? How is that a sponsorship? They sound more like paying costumers over sponsored riders.

I'm gonna give it to Eslick on this one. Have a company give you all free gear+money vs. possibly paying for your gear with no extra cash incentive.

Again, nothing against said leather company, because I feel that their product is one of the best around, but now said leathers company knows what it'll take to run with the big dogs.
I believe if you are sponsored by this company you get a discount but thats it...or at least that what he told me. I also agree that they make great gear, but I'm not a racer so I don't really know the whole deal I'm just going off what I was told. I also give Eslick a ton of credit, my point was that if any company is gonna pay you more than another to wear their brand you can sure bet thats who he is going with. Nothing against RS Tachi or Eslick I just think money plays biggest role in what brands racers wear. RS Tachi definitly picked a great racer to promote their name.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I believe if you are sponsored by this company you get a discount but thats it...or at least that what he told me. I also agree that they make great gear, but I'm not a racer so I don't really know the whole deal I'm just going off what I was told. I also give Eslick a ton of credit, my point was that if any company is gonna pay you more than another to wear their brand you can sure bet thats who he is going with. Nothing against RS Tachi or Eslick I just think money plays biggest role in what brands racers wear. RS Tachi definitly picked a great racer to promote their name.
Sorry dude, I guess the way I read it, it seemed you had a bone to pick with Eslick for going with one company over another. :cheers:

As for products vs products, as far as suits go, IMO top of the line are top of the line. Granted, they gonna go with whatever company pays them the most, but I can't see there being a disparity in protection when it comes to top of the line race suits.

·
Registered
780 Posts
No hard feelings...I can't say I'd be any different than Eslick if I were in his shoes. Though it would have been cool to see him wearing the brand we are talking about, since the owner is a stand up guy who really goes out of his way to be innovative in his products and to keep the customer happy. I just wish I could afford one of his one off custom suits.

·
Registered
345 Posts
No hard feelings...I can't say I'd be any different than Eslick if I were in his shoes. Though it would have been cool to see him wearing the brand we are talking about, since the owner is a stand up guy who really goes out of his way to be innovative in his products and to keep the customer happy. I just wish I could afford one of his one off custom suits.
Tell me about it, I'm still trying to work out being able to afford an off the rack suit haha

·
Registered
531 Posts
A lot of companies don't pay you or give you free stuff. They do however, give you very deep discounts.

It's stuff I'm going to use anyway and getting it at a great price makes it really worth it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'm pretty sure Danny gets a check for every product he wears on a grid. He's at the level where he gets photographed and featured quite a bit. Besides, why else would they leave it on after a race when it's 95+ degrees out?

I believe Nicky is under contract review for Alpinestars, which pays him a nice 7 figures for wearing their stuff. I think his helmet contract is another 7 figures as well as Red Bull's sponsorship.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.