Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I moved here to Georgia from Arizona, I found a great place just outside Fort Gordon with my new husband who is stationed there currently...

But this is my issue... I've been wanting to get a Triumph for God knows how long.... And guess what.... there's a Triumph dealership within walking distance of my house... GAAAAHHH. It's like it's taunting me every time I pass by it, which unfortunately every time I go to the base. I was pregnant and I still wanted to get a bike. Now that I've had the baby, my husband still wont let me get a bike... "why?" Because we're PCSing to Germany in January... Not to mention you can't really strap a baby to your back going down the road on a motor cycle... :( Will I ever get my bike?

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
Welcome back sweetie. Yes I'm still hanging out with all these losers. Was wondering what became of you. Big congrats on the marriage and becoming a mother. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
:laugh::laugh:. sorry, i sometimes forget im still a nooB compared to most folks on here.

welcome back goddess. :thumbup:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Its usually easier to put stuff in storage when being sent overseas but its tough with vehicles...

Im sure you will get your bike soon enough Sweetness. Congrats on being a mother!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Word. Look at the join date. :whistle:

Congrats by the way. :)

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome back! You can't take your bike with you when you move?
Its usually easier to put stuff in storage when being sent overseas but its tough with vehicles...

Im sure you will get your bike soon enough Sweetness. Congrats on being a mother!
You can take bikes OS. It's not considered a vehicle in the sense that you have to have a shipping authorization for it. When you go overseas to somewhere like Germany, you include it with your House Hold Goods. Other things included in your HHGs are couches, TVs, bedroom sets and things of that nature. Keep in mind that you are only allotted so much weight for your HHGs and if you go over then you pay out of pocket. Unless you have a ton of stuff in your house I think you would be fine. Good luck with getting a bike and re-welcome to the site!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Buy it. Surely there is a relative or military wife you like enough to leave jr. with for a few hours.

·
Banned
0 Posts
You can take bikes OS. It's not considered a vehicle in the sense that you have to have a shipping authorization for it. When you go overseas to somewhere like Germany, you include it with your House Hold Goods. Other things included in your HHGs are couches, TVs, bedroom sets and things of that nature. Keep in mind that you are only allotted so much weight for your HHGs and if you go over then you pay out of pocket. Unless you have a ton of stuff in your house I think you would be fine. Good luck with getting a bike and re-welcome to the site!
Good thing they only weight some 350 pounds. F your couch and you will be good. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Good thing they only weight some 350 pounds. F your couch and you will be good. :laugh:
But if you eff the couch then you won't have a couch to eff on! :laugh:

Although, the military will loan you what we call Flintstone furniture for a few months. During those months, save some money and buy new couches. That will help save with weight on the HHGs! .02's

·
Banned
0 Posts
But if you eff the couch then you won't have a couch to eff on! :laugh:

Although, the military will loan you what we call Flintstone furniture for a few months. During those months, save some money and buy new couches. That will help save with weight on the HHGs! .02's
Wise words. :nod:

http://images.damncrows.com/img/upld/fuck-your-couch-*****.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts