Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been thinking about adding a new sport bike to the garage after selling a BMW R1100S last year and now riding 2 BMW GS's. for a while i was convinced that a Suzuki GSXR750 with no body work was the perfect bike...until I had a revelation about the Daytona 675!

anyone ever done the no-bodywork streetfighter on this bike? I would much prefer this engine layout and its performance anyway. but i like the low bars and more sporty appearance of the D675 over the new StreetTriple. just looking for some thoughts, pic's, what some riders have done, etc...is this a bike that is readily available for sale after light/moderate crashes?

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
easier to mod a street or speed triple than a daytona.

if you street fight a daytona it will just look like a scruffy street triple.

The loom and hoses are all sorted nice and tidy on the street. saves you loads of time and money.

Any daytona parts....clip ons, exhausts, foot pegs etc etc all fit straight on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealer's busy with his commuter - a Daytona frame, engine, rear assembly etc. with a complete street tripple front end. All plastic removed except for the front mud guard which has custom air-brushed graphics on the same orange base as the new Tiger. I'll take some pics once it's completed and post.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i was just looking at the spiegler site for brake lines and noticed they sell the same headlight setup this person used. like more than 500 for just the lights and fairing and accesories. just in lighting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You might as well just a buy a Speed Triple. The Speed Triple puts out like 15 more horses and little bit more torque. It's all ready stripped and looks sick as hell. Plus you get the Single Sided Swing Arm!
i guess i've never seen a 675 with its clothes off! can't be that bad can it? and also, is there such a thing as a "streetfighter" being too clean?

did they get the extra hp and torque from re-tuning the Daytona motor? 15hp? really? dang....(sorry, thought you were refering to the STREET triple! duh...) kind of wanted to stay away from that 1000+ cc displacement to!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts