Triumph 675 Forums banner

CVMA January round: Roll call

6K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Marcismo55 
#1 ·
Hey gents, did my first race at Arroyo last month, and I'm going to make it to CVMA for next month's Friday track day and Saturday races. I've seen a couple on here post they race or at least ride at Chuck -- who all's gonna be there?

I'm already signed up for the track day, but I'm still debating on what races I'll run. Do they normally post the race schedule up in the weeks before?

My first time at Chuck, and I'm very amateur, so any local knowledge/tips/lines would be welcome :)

#2 ·
Awesome! The more Triumph's we can get out there, the better! You can view some of my races HERE and maybe get a better idea of some of the lines before you arrive there at the track. My best laptime there is a 1:54.03 for reference.

I'll be there on Friday as well and can try my best to help you out. I pit with the Low Budget Racing crew next to the big white canopy the rider's meeting is held in.

As for races, for your first time out I would recommend you sign up for the Amateur Supersport Middleweight and Formula Middleweight classes for both days. As an amateur, I started racing up a class in the Amateur Supersport Open and Formula Open classes since their laptimes were only slightly faster than mine.

Make sure you have a front brake lever guard as CVMA just implemented that requirement this season and it is mandatory.

Feel free to PM me or I'll pop in this thread if you have any other questions

Cheers,
Marcus

#3 ·
Hey Marcus, I figured you would be there from some of your other posts. Woo buddy, a 1:54 is fast -- honestly I'm hoping to get into the 1:59s, but who knows, I've never been there. I ran in the 1:19s at Arroyo last month my first day ever riding the bike (Formula lap record there is 1:05.9), so getting in the 1:59s I think is possible. It's a goal to shoot for anyway. Right now I'm just planning on the track day Friday then race Saturday and head home Sunday, so with that said, if the race day schedule is the same as the November round Saturday schedule, I think I'll run AM SS MW, AM Formula MW, and AM SS Open since those are pretty spaced out throughout the day. I read thru the rulebook last week and I just placed an order through TRS for a cheapish ($60 shipped) pair of brake/clutch lever guards -- I doubt how well they crash, but it'll get me on the track next month at least. I just have a couple more things to drill/safety wire since ASMA doesn't require as much.

I'll be in a red Silverado with a red trailer -- I'll look for your tent and say hello. Thanks for the video link too, I started watching a couple youtube vids this weekend, I found one useful one in CCW direction of a guy running about 1:58s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.