Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 15 675r. Took it to the track yesterday and rode it about 50 miles to a party on some rough dirt roads (just a hundred feet or so of rough road, travelling carefully) today. When I was riding back it threw an ABS light, then sputtered and died when I came to a stop. Threw a check engine light and intermittently loses power. As I was riding back, I noticed the ABS light would come and go and did seem to make the intermittent power loss more severe when it was on. I got to my town and then it died again at a stop light, wouldn't crank. The left dash would show the wrong gear, thinking it was neutral. The other dashboard wouldn't light up, and the RPM needle would get stuck in random places on the tach as I cycled through trying to get it to start. When rolling the bike, it would go between lighting the dashboard and being completely dead, with no input other than having the key in the ON position.

Anyone encountered something like this before?
Thank you

·
Registered
273 Posts
How’s your battery? Dead/dying batteries can make our bikes do some pretty weird stuff.
Also check the leads on the battery. It might be a loose connection on one or both of the wires or the battery leads themselves
I had a similar incident with a friend’s ST675R where the dash would light up and switch off 3-4 times a second and make all sorts of weird noises and clicks.
Turned out to be a broken battery lead. I mean it was like the electrode coming out of the battery wasn’t properly attached and would wiggle left and right.

I’d start there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pull out the multimeter, and like ramnakhle said, start testing voltages when off, idle, and a few thousand rpm. YOu should have AT LEAST 12.6V at rest, around that and maybe less at idle and over 14V at, say, 4000 rpm or more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it! Pretty sure it was a loose battery cable. CEL went away after 2 blocks of riding and no problems since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts