Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilding my 12 675r will at 2009 gauge cluster work for my bike also if I use a main wire harness from a 2006 will this all work?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I rebuilding my 12 675r will at 2009 gauge cluster work for my bike also if I use a main wire harness from a 2006 will this all work?
If the generations are the same it will work. Not sure if 06-12 is considered the same generation but if it is you’re in luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Triumph batch their ECU's with the dash. It will throw a code for an incompatible dash
I wonder if that's why after a few pulls wide open it performs perfect but after a few pulls when I go wide open throttle it bogs me down to about 10k if I let off wot it picks back up and accelerates but of I dip back onto wot it bogs and backfires, all I have to do it turn the kill switch and key of then re fire and it works as it should for a wile then act back up

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was under the impression that if your ECU wasn't synced to your dash that the bike won't even start.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is there any other material out there about ECU-Dash linkage for Gen1/2 (06-08, 09-12)? I have replaced ECU on a Gen1 without any ill effects for a full track day (~140miles).

To the OP: the Gen1 and Gen2 have differences with respect to the ECU - some of the pin-outs are different. So if swapping, stay w/in 06-08 and 09-12.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts