Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying some slipons and narrowed it down to these two. Just wondering if anyone had heard both in person I checked YouTube but it's not really a good comparison. I want something that sounds good but not really loud. I will also keep the db killers in to help reduce the noise. Thanks for Any input.

·
Registered
141 Posts
CRM for sure, Arrows are a rip off! Buy the CRMs which look and sound better at half the price or less anyway, then use the money saved for more mods

·
Registered
832 Posts
"Sounds good" is completely subjective, and pretty much every aftermarket exhaust is going to be louder than stock, so "not really loud" could mean a million different things too.

What made you narrow it down to these two?

I say just visit The Exhaust Reference Thread and pick out what you think looks the best in your price range of choice. You really can't go wrong with any one of them if you're just looking for a slip-on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I narrowed it down to these 2 because i like the arrows as the are made in connection with triumph so fit and finish should be spot on. I like the crm's because there good looking and i like the fact there made by one guy ..... you know he's gonna do a good job. But i guess overall i like the look of these 2 exhausts the best. Is there any power difference between the 2?? And what about weight are they pretty similar??

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'am looking for these two pipe too.
But it's about the same price, but for me, it is alot easier to get the Arrow directly from my Triumph dealer and save alot on the shipping.
BUT, i prefer the look of the CRM, i realy like the black pipe, i'am not a fan of chrome.

But if i choose the CRM, i don't know which mapping to download on my ECU?....

·
Registered
923 Posts
The CRM is an amazing exhaust. Personally I like the low mount gp style one better than the dual high. Also if you had acted a little quicker (before Feb 1st) you coulda gotten in on the discount from CRM (20% off).
Anyways shipping was quite reasonable as the exhausts are quite light. I think it was $30 for the gp low mount and like $50-$60 for the Dual High Mount to Ontario.

If you choose the CRM, I would imagine that either the TOR map or the Arrow Slip-on map would be a good choice. But some other people might know better than me.

Scott

·
Registered
832 Posts
I narrowed it down to these 2 because i like the arrows as the are made in connection with triumph so fit and finish should be spot on. I like the crm's because there good looking and i like the fact there made by one guy ..... you know he's gonna do a good job. But i guess overall i like the look of these 2 exhausts the best. Is there any power difference between the 2?? And what about weight are they pretty similar??
Any performance differences between slip-ons are pretty much in your head and felt only on your own butt dyno. You'll notice the drop in weight by going from high-mount twin pipes to a single low-mount pipe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Personally, i realy don't like the look of a single low pipe on the street triple.
I like it on a race bike, but not on a nacked bike.
I like the look of the twin slip-on.

But, it's a personal choice.:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
A couple of items to keep in mind:

1. The Arrow twin cans are DOT/EU street legal (with dbkillers in place) and if your local ever cracks down, these should pass. I don't think any other slip-on meets DOT street certification (double-check with CRM to be sure).

2. Arrows are titanium - should (and have) lasted longer than John Holmes.

3. Arrows are Triumph part, have factory warranty. Also recognized by insurance companies as OEM part in case of loss.

4. Arrow twins are just plain bad-ass. :grin:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got the arrow slip ons and love the sound and look, the titanium is great and has a amazing sound even with the baffle in not so loud it annoying, the crms are nice and very well made but i prefer the look of the arrow's and the sound

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Arrow twins and like the look and sound but they do tend to drone at 4-6 k so would be interesting to hear from someone that has went from Arrows to the CRMs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Crm for sure. I was torn between the crm lowboy and the twins. I like how small and sleek they look and I like that they are black! I went with the lowboy though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
+1 Arrow.

3. Arrows are Triumph part, have factory warranty. Also recognized by insurance companies as OEM part in case of loss.
Really? This is good to know ... as a fairly high dollar investment I've always been worried about the 'what if' since I've had them.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
arrows are nice, but the bad part is, a lot of people have them.

So be unique and buy something just a bit different :)
(I got a set of 10" Two Bros Black series, the 10" idea came from Terzius)

·
Registered
868 Posts
The high exhaust pipe / Arrows get too hot in the Aussie summer.

I think that the Arrows sound really insane [good] without the baffles in, but make the bike too hot to ride in the heat here.

Arrows are stainless steel and very well made, recommended by Triumph for aftermarket exhaust and are stamped etc... good stuff.

I've currently got Arrows on my striple but i'm changing to the Comp Werkes low pipe to help dissipate some of the under-seat heat problems.

S.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
The high exhaust pipe / Arrows get too hot in the Aussie summer.

I think that the Arrows sound really insane [good] without the baffles in, but make the bike too hot to ride in the heat here.

Arrows are stainless steel and very well made, recommended by Triumph for aftermarket exhaust and are stamped etc... good stuff.....
I'm pretty sure the Arrow Twin cans are Titanium, not s/s. From what I can recall, the OEM cans were considerably hotter than the Arrows, I can put my hand on the Arrow can fairly quick after shutting the engine off and never notice them in 100°+ temps, the OEM ones I could not touch so soon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts