Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the baffle in? What is the difference in sound? If someone has a video comparison, that would be the ultimate.

I am wondering because, I do not want the exhaust to be overly loud. Well, actually I don't care, it's my neighbours. Our parking is at the back of the building. A very long, narrow (only room for one car) alley that is sandwiched between two buidings is the only way to get there.

There is a Harley owner in my building and he gets complaints all the time (and his bike isn't as loud and obnoxious as most Harelys) as the sounds echoe and get seemingly amplified between the two buildings.

I try to be pretty respectful and I don't want to deal with being the "guy with the loud motorcyce" as I am already know as the "loud DJ on floor 3".

I really don't want to keep the ugly as stock cans. I want the CRM lowboy, but not if it excessively loud. I need something tolerable, as I get home very late some nights and up very early other mornings.

Any thoughts, experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that alley sounds great! (for bikes aswell)

But cant help you.
lol

Push the bike down the alley to the street then start it up? More work but then it doesn't really matter how loud the bike is. Just a thought.
Yeah, I thought about this. It's uphill on the way out so that would be a bitch. Coming home is not so bad as I can just coast down with the bike off.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hmmm... well I have my CRM lowboy (+ baffle), but I don't have it installed. I am planning to install it this weekend. I can probably take a couple of vids (1 with baffle and 1 without) to show how it sounds.

Supposedly, if you don't have the baffle, it is fairly tame at lower RPMs. So as long as you don't gun it, you would probably be ok.

But on the other hand, if you are really worried about the sound, it may be safer to just get the baffle.
Personally, I'm not sure if I will end up using the baffle on day to day basis, but I figured that I might as well get it (especially with the 20% discount).

I am pretty sure that there is a vid out somewhere comparing with and without, but I couldn't find it when i just looked.

Scott

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Scottie! I thought I remembered seeing that video as well, but I may be thinking about an arrow vid.

I am pretty confident that with the baffle in I should be okay if I take it easy and don't get rev happy.

If you do get a chance to make a comparison vid that would be great!!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
923 Posts
No prob. I was thinking about making a vid to compare the stock vs the lowboy anyways... So I might as well do the baffle as well.
So as long as I have time after the install, then I will try to make a vid. No promises on video quality though.
I guess some of the other stuff I have to install, will probably have to wait until another time (K&N filter, daytona rearsets, barend mirrors)

Now that you mention it, it may have been an arrow vid I was think of as well...

So do you actually have your bike now? Last I heard, you said 'screw it' and were going to get one, but never heard anything else.

Scott

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have the bike yet. I am still on the screw it mentatlity. I can afford it for sure if I keep my current job, but I have been thinking of leaving. I don' think I would leave until I already had another (better paying) job anyways.

I don't have anywhere to park the bike except outside, so I am in no rush to make the purchase given the weather we've had lately lol.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't have the bike yet. I am still on the screw it mentatlity. I can afford it for sure if I keep my current job, but I have been thinking of leaving. I don' think I would leave until I already had another (better paying) job anyways.

I don't have anywhere to park the bike except outside, so I am in no rush to make the purchase given the weather we've had lately lol.
Congratulations on 700 posts!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Fluk28,

Here are 2 vids for you. One with the baffle and one without. Not the greatest quality, but you can definitely hear a difference.

The one without is definitely a lower sound and sounds a lot meaner. But the one with the baffle sounds pretty damn good and may not make your ears bleed!

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
The bike sounds amazing. The recording device doesn't do the bike and exhaust justice. It IS definitely missing the low end growl!

Hearing your bike makes me want to dewinterize my bike and start riding in this sub-freezing weather... but it just snowed 6 inches in Minnesota. :angry:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yeah I agree that it doesn't do it justice. And thanks!

Sorry about that. Starting it up made me want to take it out too. Obviously there was snow on the ground and we are due to get some more tomorrow. Come on spring!

Scott

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The bike sounds amazing. The recording device doesn't do the bike and exhaust justice. It IS definitely missing the low end growl!

Hearing your bike makes me want to dewinterize my bike and start riding in this sub-freezing weather... but it just snowed 6 inches in Minnesota. :angry:
I can't wait to get my bike out of storage and get my crm lowboy put on! Spring can't cone soon enough!

Off topic but where are you located in Minnesota. I am in Eagan.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts