Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we're all broke, recession is just around the corner, and what passed for summer has just waved bye bye and done one. Apart from bitching at each other on here, (which I recall was very popular last winter and it's free of course) what projects are you planning for your bike this coming winter.

To start us off:-

Me - I want to prep my bike for trackdays, with a second set of pseudo track bodywork. Has to be road kit as I'll have to ride to any trackdays I attend as I've no car. To finance it cheaply, I'm going to put it through my business - paint it in my business's colours and logo, and see what it looks like, and call it advertising/sponsorship. I'll let you know if it washes with the taxman - I'm not confident - but we can only try!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
excellent idea great way to lose money through the business if it is your only means transport for work you could put all your mods through as repairs for the bike tax man never know

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wishful thinking - currently I'm just paying mileage allowance, as business doesn't own my bike and I've always played a straight bat with the tax man, not worth being on the wrong side of him!! Still I think I can justify some bodywork & paint as advertising - until he says no that is!

Besides can't be any less effective than other advertising we do!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
IF I EVER GET MY BIKE BACK....

i plan on a full exhaust system, not sure which one yet...

rearsets, not sure which ones yet....

custom paint scheme, not sure which one yet....

pcIII

high flow race filter, not sure which one yet

Custom carbon pieces, rear peg, mirror block offs

either seat cowl, or race tail, not sure which one yet...

·
Chiperator
5,539 Posts
I'll just be looking longingly at my bike waiting for the track season to fire to life again, and I'll be dreaming of Termi's on my Hypermotard.

·
(RIP) Wiser than you I was
5,852 Posts
Lets see? Track days at Homestead. A little fishing in the Keys. Bikini watching at the beach.:coolgleamA:

My bad.:beating: Just saw this was a UK thread. You guys really should get off that rock once in a while.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Was planning a bank robbery, but i don't think i'd gain much....

Got a list of things that need doing on the old ZXR400 (H2). The main ones being: Strip down all 3 calipers & clean etc etc, sorting out a snapped exhaust stud & most likely replacing the rest aswell, valve clearences, carb balancing and idle mixture.
I'm sure theres more to to, but those are the bigger problems i could remember.

·
Registered
317 Posts
IF I EVER GET MY BIKE BACK....

i plan on a full exhaust system, not sure which one yet...

rearsets, not sure which ones yet....

custom paint scheme, not sure which one yet....

pcIII

high flow race filter, not sure which one yet

Custom carbon pieces, rear peg, mirror block offs

either seat cowl, or race tail, not sure which one yet...
you must have some serious money if i had the money this would be my pix from your list

leovice carbon with titanium headers, woodcraft rear sets GP shift as they now do a brake light switch for it, triumph british racing green paint scheme gold decals i have seen this colour and it is the best ive seen looks classy, bmc filter even though i have k&n, race tail with gold number boards on and black numbes or visa versa, :nod:this is my wish list

·
Registered
493 Posts
leovice carbon with titanium headers, woodcraft rear sets GP shift as they now do a brake light switch for it, triumph british racing green paint scheme gold decals i have seen this colour and it is the best ive seen looks classy, bmc filter even though i have k&n, race tail with gold number boards on and black numbes or visa versa, :nod:this is my wish list
i like very much :cool2:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just a new set of tyres - something more suited to English winters - and continue to ride:thumbup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm looking to cash in on someone elses credit crunch misery.:goodgrief:

Heartless? Maybe.:noclue:

But I miss my 675 so much :tears: I've got to get a cheap (ish) project to make a track bike special.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm looking to cash in on someone elses credit crunch misery.:goodgrief:

Heartless? Maybe.:noclue:

But I miss my 675 so much :tears: I've got to get a cheap (ish) project to make a track bike special.
I might sell mine, its been down as a demo bike, and just had the engine rebuilt under warranty. but you can read up on my problems with the bike if youd like

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25066

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25125

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm planning on maybe turning my bike into a Streetona, sorting out my good winter bike and getting the banger for shopping trips roadworthy.

Oh yeah and trying to do some overtime to pay for it all!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I didn't think this year was too bad. It was quite dry anyway. Out of 5 trackdays I think I only had one half wet so I was happy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
In all fairness the good weather seemed to coincide with me not being able to get out and about.... Except that glorious Monday at Donnington.. and even then it rained on the way home really heavily. Still even that couldn't detract from the day.

Think I have just done a deal on a track toy... well can't have the 675 getting lonely in the garage.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts