Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 daytona 675r. Bought the bike two months ago with 6900 miles. 300 miles around town ran grate. First trip only issue was shift light. Put on 3100 miles now at 10400 miles. After my ride bike was washed and dried stored in my garage.Seven days later went to start the bike there was a metal static sound at the front of the engine.I let go of the starter button. Know when i try to start it just cranks and sounds like the timing is off. Battery is new 13.6 V. Thoughts pull spark plugs check compression .Please help if anyone has any ideas.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Are you asking if you should check compression?
There's no reason not to try. I would remove the crank cover to see if the timing chain has too much slack first

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Renboy. I did check the chain it was good. Pulled the spark plugs ohms tested weak so i replaced all three, also tested the coils and all checked good. Put it back together started and ran on Thursday. Friday shake down ride back to South Carolina for three days of riding at Deal Gap. After 2200 miles and a day of riding in the rain on the way home the bike is running fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts