Triumph 675 Forums banner

Cost of Insurance

12K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  RickT 
#1 ·
Just curious what my fellow Triumph riders pay for insurance. I'm originally from Nova Scotia and last time I had insurance there it was very cheap. Now that I live in Ottawa I still think it's not bad but hear a lot of my buddies complaining.

So, just wondering what you pay for insurance.

I'm insured with TD Meloche Monnex (qualified for their affinity program)
$662/yr for $1Mill Liability and Collision/Comp with $1,000 deductible
52 yrs of age, riding since forever, no accidents/tickets in the past 5 yrs.

I also have my home and car insured with them which is supposed to worth a 10% discount.

#2 ·
Just curious what my fellow Triumph riders pay for insurance. I'm originally from Nova Scotia and last time I had insurance there it was very cheap. Now that I live in Ottawa I still think it's not bad but hear a lot of my buddies complaining.

I also have my home and car insured with them which is supposed to worth a 10% discount.
I live down the road from you in Kingston, am 23 with a no-fault accident which was determined my fault by the insurance board, and now pay nearly 5 times what you pay for $2 million liability, and a $1000 deductible... I'm an idiot for paying it, but unfortunately can't find anything better

#11 ·

I'm about your age and my insurance is just a little more. But I'm in Houston.

#12 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I posted this in the CANADA thread in hopes of getting a better idea of what my fellow riders pay in the different Canadian Provinces.

I know there will be no statistical relevance to the numbers provided but it will be interesting to see given how much whining my fellow Ontario riders do over out perceived high cost of insurance.

#13 · (Edited)
OP, I know you're in Ontario but for those 675 owners in Alberta, Blue Circle has really good specialized motorcycle coverage.
I just switched to them this month with the home, auto and motorcycle covered.
I believe they're only available to Alberta residents though.
I pay $800 per year with full coverage including:
-$2 Million liability
-$500 deductible
I'm 35, had one at fault single vehicle accident (bike written off, no property damage), one speeding ticket, both in 2010.

#14 ·
In Ontario (outside of the GTA) im paying 2100/yr for my 12 st3r. 30 yrs old with 1 speeding ticket and 1 mobile device ticket. Supposed to drop to 1200/yr in may when the speeding ticket comes off. With state farm since most other insurance companies said they wont insure my bike.

#16 ·
I live in peel region and pay $2200/year full coverage. I'm 40+ and have one speeding ticket. I'm currently insured with TD. I also have 3 vehicles and my home insured with TD. They tell me that I'm receiving a discounted premium for insuring multiple vehicles. Could have fooled me!! State Farm quoted me full coverage for $1200/year but wouldn't insure me due to my speeding ticket.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#17 ·
I live in Stoney Creek (Hamilton area), Ontario. 30 y/o, full M for 10 years with no claims/tickets

$541/year with TD Meloche Monnex with Professional Engineer discount
$1M liability
$1000 deductable

Note: I also have my car and home with them. Car isn't the cheapest, but the bike and home make up for it with the multi-line discount.

Scott

#21 ·
I don't get it... I just called TD yesterday about insuring my Daytona, and they said they don't insure that model... I have car and home insurance with them already too. And yet State Farm insures me with an accident on my record. It seems like the standards for each insurance company are all over the place

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.