Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
There is no drain plug on the Daytona.
You have to disconnect the lower rad hoses on the left hand side and let it all drain out.

It will make a mess so be prepared to clean up.

Be sure to replace the hose clamps exactly in their groove otherwise they will leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
361 Posts
Yes sir.
No drain bolt.
As per the service manual you should disconnect one of the hoses to drain the coolant.

If you ask me this is messier but it’s much faster and gets the job done.

· Registered
4,466 Posts
Do the 2013+ really not have a drain bolt? The 06-12 certainly does. Seems like quite the oversight.
It's been a while since I've owned a pre-13 Daytona and I don't remember where the drain bolt is. I also don't remember the procedure for flushing my pre-13 'tona either. Where's the bolt on it?

Flushing the 13+ Daytona is messy! I also replaced the hose clamps to the screw type.

· Registered
109 Posts
It's been a while since I've owned a pre-13 Daytona and I don't remember where the drain bolt is. I also don't remember the procedure for flushing my pre-13 'tona either. Where's the bolt on it?

Flushing the 13+ Daytona is messy! I also replaced the hose clamps to the screw type.
Don't have a picture to hand, but it's a PITA to get to as well, very bottom, to the left of the oil filter if you were looking from the right side.

· Registered
6 Posts
Does it matter which hose I take off to drain the radiator? I just got a 2016 with 8k miles on it and doesn't look like it's ever been done so it's on the top of my list. Unfortunately I just changed the oil last week so I'd rather not remove the filter to get this hose off in the picture (from the service manual) but the picture in the first reply to this shows a different hose. Does it matter which one I drain from? I can't imagine it would get it all from either location to be honest..
Gesture Font Slope Circle Parallel

· Registered
361 Posts
Does it matter which hose I take off to drain the radiator? I just got a 2016 with 8k miles on it and doesn't look like it's ever been done so it's on the top of my list. Unfortunately I just changed the oil last week so I'd rather not remove the filter to get this hose off in the picture (from the service manual) but the picture in the first reply to this shows a different hose. Does it matter which one I drain from? I can't imagine it would get it all from either location to be honest.. View attachment 259704
You do not need to remove the oil filter to pull out the hose.

It does matter which one you drain the fluid from. It has to be the lowest fitting to drain all the coolant.
If it’s a street triple it also has a small drain bolt in that area that you also need to loosen to drain additional coolant.
If it’s a Daytona refer to the above picture to know which hose you need to loosen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.