Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure there are some Anime guys lurking around on here. Think this has been around a little while but it looks pretty cool, even if a little corny at times.

Saw a version with Japanese accents and for some reason seemed a little cooler.:laugh:

Anyway, it's called Cat Shit One. Check these bad little bunnies out...

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMlmEFIxdb4[/nomedia]

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Seen it... the fact that the sniper is a giant pussy kind of annoyed me, but otherwise it's pretty cool.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I have a few in my collection... Elfen Lied, Karas, Witchblade, Onime No Kyo (Demon Eyes Kyo, or Samurai Deeper Kyo), The complete Saint Seiya collection, Samurai Champloo, most of Studio Ghibli animes, Bubblegum Crisis (VHS) and a ton of others I can't recall right now.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts

·
Registered
6,230 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Seen it... the fact that the sniper is a giant pussy kind of annoyed me, but otherwise it's pretty cool.
The plucky scared sidekick has always been a Japanime thing but agreed. A few more to keep an eye on...

Armored Core - [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMsuL9ua0n0"]YouTube - Frontline Assembly - Fragmented[/nomedia]

Iron Sky - [nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEueJnsu80[/nomedia]

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
The plucky scared sidekick has always been a Japanime thing but agreed. A few more to keep an eye on...

Armored Core - YouTube - Frontline Assembly - Fragmented

Iron Sky -
Isn't armored core just a video game? At least that's what I remember... if they come out with an anime that would be pretty kick ass. That Iron Sky looks pretty sweet though, I've got to check it out.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I've only watched a few anime in my time, mostly involving giant robots kicking ass, which is largely nostalgic for me, haha.

That said, I highly recommend Death Note, as it is simply the best show I have ever seen. Like it's just a massive psychological thriller mindfuck.

If you enjoy your robots, Gundam 00 just finished and was fantastic.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Isn't armored core just a video game? At least that's what I remember... if they come out with an anime that would be pretty kick ass. That Iron Sky looks pretty sweet though, I've got to check it out.
Yeah... Armored Core is a Japanese mech warrior vid game with a pretty big fan base over there and the huge amount of production in the cut scenes is hinting toward a feature. It would be amazing if done in the same style.

Iron Sky is being funded largely by micro-investments from net fans which is pretty ground breaking. It's space Nazis so how could it go wrong?! :cool2:

·
Super Moderator
11,896 Posts
For those of you just getting into it there are a lot of good ones on here mentioned but my personal top list is anything from Ghibli studios, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex (S.A.C.), Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, Heat Guy J, Bleach, Princess Mononoke. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but these are all ones I can watch over and over. Ghost and the Shell and Cowboy Bebop are definitely my favorites though. Cowboy bebop for the cool plot, art and very good music and Ghost in the Shell for the incredibly deep script with mind altering discussions on social view points and philosophy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I recommend Claymore, wife said it reminded her of Vampire Hunter D. Big fan of Big-O and Ronin warriors. Rin is also a good series if not on the short side though. It might also be a little much for some people. Go old school with Venus Wars lol. Can't go wrong with Gundam or any or the big names either.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
For those of you just getting into it there are a lot of good ones on here mentioned but my personal top list is anything from Ghibli studios, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex (S.A.C.), Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, Heat Guy J, Bleach, Princess Mononoke. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but these are all ones I can watch over and over. Ghost and the Shell and Cowboy Bebop are definitely my favorites though. Cowboy bebop for the cool plot, art and very good music and Ghost in the Shell for the incredibly deep script with mind altering discussions on social view points and philosophy.
I agree on all accounts. Can't go wrong with any of those. Also check out Outlaw Star, I loved the beans out of that show. Also Desert Punk.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
check out Ergo Proxy:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts