Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
They had serious problems with delamination in hot weather. Not sure if they fixed it but I wouldn't risk it personally.
+1...go on the WERA forums and you should be able to find out details...might be able to find users that maybe had success with them after the "Delamination" period....maybe Continental fixed the issue.

Maybe contact Continental and see if they addressed it (however the answer may be biased).

·
Banned
365 Posts
They are a nice looking tire.
Saw them on the the back of a bike mag i was just reading.
"Continuous compound technology" lol. Thats like saying, yup there a single compound tyre and we didn't bugger up making them.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have the Conti Road Attacks and honestly love them. Very quick turn in, good grip in the wet, if it slides it's pretty predictable, and great mileage (i'm 9000 miles on the rear and only 60% done with it) However....I have not tracked them yet. I run them 40psi front, 42 rear on the street (this is Conti's recommendation)

However, they are more expensive the most other tires and at the prices some Michelins are priced, I wouldn't bother with Conti's if I need new tires. I'll probably go with Dunlop Q2s next as they seem to have great reviews.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Conti Road Attacks and honestly love them. Very quick turn in, good grip in the wet, if it slides it's pretty predictable, and great mileage (i'm 9000 miles on the rear and only 60% done with it) However....I have not tracked them yet. I run them 40psi front, 42 rear on the street (this is Conti's recommendation)

However, they are more expensive the most other tires and at the prices some Michelins are priced, I wouldn't bother with Conti's if I need new tires. I'll probably go with Dunlop Q2s next as they seem to have great reviews.
Wuzertheloser, many thanks for the info. I have a set of Q2s on my 675 now and they're wonderful. For the price, you can't beat them. I now have 3,300 mile on them but they're done. I may have a few more easy rides on them and that's it, I don't think I'll be pushing them very hard. I've been running 32 f / 36r for air pressure + or - depnding on temperature.

As suggested earlier by tooblekain, the WERA forums contain quite a bit of positive feedback but it's gotta be said these guys are using the Comp series of Attack tires, not the Street versions.
Also, I have yet to come across anything on the WERA forums about Conti tires delaminating.
However, I did see threads about Pirellis, Michelins & Bridgestone problems which to me is strange as I've had these three brands on my bike w/no problems. Could be a quality control issue - a Monday morning tie? who knows?

Anyway, I think I'm gonna give these Conti Race Attacks a shot.
Only one way to find out, right?

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Wuzertheloser, many thanks for the info. I have a set of Q2s on my 675 now and they're wonderful. For the price, you can't beat them. I now have 3,300 mile on them but they're done. I may have a few more easy rides on them and that's it, I don't think I'll be pushing them very hard. I've been running 32 f / 36r for air pressure + or - depnding on temperature.

As suggested earlier by tooblekain, the WERA forums contain quite a bit of positive feedback but it's gotta be said these guys are using the Comp series of Attack tires, not the Street versions.
Also, I have yet to come across anything on the WERA forums about Conti tires delaminating.
However, I did see threads about Pirellis, Michelins & Bridgestone problems which to me is strange as I've had these three brands on my bike w/no problems. Could be a quality control issue - a Monday morning tie? who knows?

Anyway, I think I'm gonna give these Conti Race Attacks a shot.
Only one way to find out, right?
Yep...only one way to find out....

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm on attacks, good tyre, long lasting, nice feedback…
But I'll be going back to the Mitchys, as good as they are, I liked the 2CT's better, faster turning and a little more grip.
Both about the same in the wet.
I don't know if anyone else has found this though, with the Michelins the last bit of life, e.g. close to the wear indicators and they started to slide early on into a corner.
Just my crap riding?
Don't even think about Metzeler's, too heavy for the Daytona… Leave them for the BMW riders.
Heard lots of good things about the Bridgestone's too, but never tried them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm on attacks, good tyre, long lasting, nice feedback…
But I'll be going back to the Mitchys, as good as they are, I liked the 2CT's better, faster turning and a little more grip.
Both about the same in the wet.
I don't know if anyone else has found this though, with the Michelins the last bit of life, e.g. close to the wear indicators and they started to slide early on into a corner.
Just my crap riding?
Don't even think about Metzeler's, too heavy for the Daytona… Leave them for the BMW riders.
Heard lots of good things about the Bridgestone's too, but never tried them.
I've had the the std Michelin Pilot Power and they proved to be a nice, quick steering tire.
I've also run the Bridgestone BT002RS & BT003RS - loved them! I especially liked the profile of the rear tire. I felt the grip & feedback was better than the Pilot Powers.
My only complaint w/the Stones was they felt horrible towards the end of their life (more so than any tire I've tried on my bike).

·
Registered
868 Posts
BT003 RS..

I've tried a few different brands but came back to the Bridgestone's.

Their new BT003 RS is a superb tire. Incredible grip and feedback, no problems with sliding and they tip in really fast and easy.

I've used four sets of them so far without a single problem or complaint. I usually get between 5 and 7 thousand K's from them, depending on how hard I go.

A wonderful dry weather tire, a bit slidey at big lean angles in the wet though, but rock-solid in the dry.

Highly recommended....

S.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
pirelli angelST, i run them on my street 675, got 18k out of them, i run dunlop q2s on my track bike i love them

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update - Nice tire. I now have about 1300 street miles on these Conti Race Attacks (street) and all is well, they're wearing very well too. A neutral handling tire, w/more than decent grip and feel, a nice match for my bike.

Have been riding in cold to fair temps lately, can't wait for the weather to warm-up. Have had them on wet surfaces, not too bad but definitely not great. If you ride on wet roads, look elsewhere.

2006 675, revalved suspension, 185 lbs in gear, 32f/34r psi.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
from what I understand...the Race Attacks take a longer time to warm up than the Road Attacks. that might be why you're not getting "great" grip.

Agree with the wet part though....they're good....just don't push too hard on them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have Road Attacks on my Daytona 675 now.

For street riding, they're great. Good turn in, great life, good grip.

I had them on the track for one day, and I was sliding around all over the place. I would not track the Road Attacks again.

The Race Attacks might be better for the track, not sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts