Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i have the signals working and installed properley i just need to do the lisence plate light, the metal tab ends from the plat light seem to large for the pink tube connector provided, should i squeeze the tabs down to fit in. I have the wires stripped and ready to go im just hesitant on doing it the wrong way and then finding out im screwed, get back to me please just wanna finish the install

·
Registered
191 Posts
You're supposed to cut off the ends to fit them in the crimp connector. But, crimp style connectors are a pain, and not particularly waterproof. I went with a different solution. I used some Posi-Lock connectors. Simple connection, and simple if I need to remove them again in the future. I actually used them on all 3 sets of wires. They've got regular, weather-proof and waterproof versions; I used the weather-proof (Posi-seal). You can pick them up online, and I found them locally at Carquest.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya the posi lock ones are the 4 connectors that connect the turn signals right? so just cut the ends off the competiton werkes lisence plate light to fit it in the tube connector? ill do that tonight

·
Registered
191 Posts
ya the posi lock ones are the 4 connectors that connect the turn signals right? so just cut the ends off the competiton werkes lisence plate light to fit it in the tube connector? ill do that tonight
Well no, Posi-Locks are a screw together type splice, rather than the crimp style.

Regardless, good to know you got everything sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.