Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed this on my bike this past sunday. I have to say it sounds awesome. Took it out for a short 15 min ride as there was still snow to worry about in my area. At wot the thing sounds like a jet engine. Just sounds orgasmic. It is very loud at idle and low speeds. I do like a loud sound, but I am strongly considering the baffle when they come out with it so i dont piss off all my neighbors.

As for the install, it was pretty easy. Just frustrating getting the exhaust on. Its a real tight fit. Only thing to add to the directions i think is after you take off the stock cans, you are supposed to cut the pipe right in front of the cat. This makes it impossible to remove the remaining pipe as its to long to pull out in either direction. So cut the pipe first around the foot peg height area. This way you can slide the pipe out from the top. Then cut in front of the cat.

To actually slide the exhaust on, i ended up heating the end with a blow torch to expand the metal. It wasnt going to go on any other way. And then you still have to move fast before it cools. Other then that install was very easy. Here are some quick pics.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Looks good man. Thanks for putting up the pics.

On a side note, how's the barracuda screen working out? Looks pretty good on the bike.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Looks good :cool2:

With a low pipe and no passenger pegs, tail tidy for sure!

The shiny heat shield is awkward as a visual transition from the header to the exhaust pipe. If you don't plan on adding a belly pan, perhaps remove it entirely or spray some hi-temp bbq grill paint on it to dull it down a little.

And with the bar end mirrors, you can plug the original mounting holes instead of leaving the OEM mirror bases screwed in.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good :cool2:

With a low pipe and no passenger pegs, tail tidy for sure!

The shiny heat shield is awkward as a visual transition from the header to the exhaust pipe. If you don't plan on adding a belly pan, perhaps remove it entirely or spray some hi-temp bbq grill paint on it to dull it down a little.

And with the bar end mirrors, you can plug the original mounting holes instead of leaving the OEM mirror bases screwed in.
Tail tidy is coming in a couple months when i have extra cash, and sending out the heat shield to get powder coated. It looks goofy with the shinny shield. Looked really nice when it was off. And how would i plug the holes? I couldnt figure out a way to get the mirror basses off as they are attached to the levers.

As for the screen, i like it. It allows me to tuck out of the wind when i want too. Its nice when its as cold as it is right now and on a highway.

·
Registered
923 Posts
And how would i plug the holes? I couldnt figure out a way to get the mirror basses off as they are attached to the levers.
Hard to tell from your pics, but it looks like you still have the base screw for the mirrors in the part attached to the levers (control clamps). If the mirrors base screw is removed, you will only have a M10 hole left and no nut-type thing.

As for plugging the hole... there are some choices:

the triumph bar end mirrors comes with little M10 caps (rubber) which fit in. You might be able to get a set from your local triumph dealer or from someone who has bought the triumph bar end mirrors.

On my STR, because the brake reservoir is attached on the right hand side, had to get an actual screw to hold the reservoir in place. I got mine from Petra Cycles in the UK... (http://www.petracycles.co.uk/brake-boss-bolts-black-p-8419.html) was about $10 total and looks good and works well. (you might be able to find something similar in the US... but I figured $10 wasn't too bad)

You can buy a new set of control clamps which don't have the mirror mounting holes in them. This is probably the nicest solution but also the most expensive! (http://www.british-customs.com/british-customs-control-clamp.html)

Or another option that I saw someone do was to just flip the control clamps over so that the hole is facing down. It is far less noticeable that way.

Hope that helps!
Scott

·
Registered
832 Posts
Cheap Mod Ideas for CreatureCore!

Tail tidy is coming in a couple months when i have extra cash, and sending out the heat shield to get powder coated. It looks goofy with the shinny shield. Looked really nice when it was off. And how would i plug the holes? I couldnt figure out a way to get the mirror basses off as they are attached to the levers.

As for the screen, i like it. It allows me to tuck out of the wind when i want too. Its nice when its as cold as it is right now and on a highway.
Be creative and make your own tail tidy! There are several threads on home-made projects that look great. I made mine with some odd metal bracket pieces picked up from Home Depot, JB Weld, spray paint, odd bolts, and some imagination. Total mod cost: about 10 bucks.

I just scuffed up the heat shield with some sandpaper and hit it up with some hi-temp paint, came out flat black and you won't even notice it's there since it blends in with the engine. 4 dollar mod.

You still have to completely remove the rest of the mirror base (those 'buckets' are still part of the mirror assembly) I just used a plastic furniture hole plug to fill in the brake side. 50 cents. On the clutch side, I just flipped the control clamp over. Free!

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be creative and make your own tail tidy! There are several threads on home-made projects that look great. I made mine with some odd metal bracket pieces picked up from Home Depot, JB Weld, spray paint, odd bolts, and some imagination. Total mod cost: about 10 bucks.

I just scuffed up the heat shield with some sandpaper and hit it up with some hi-temp paint, came out flat black and you won't even notice it's there since it blends in with the engine. 4 dollar mod.

You still have to completely remove the rest of the mirror base (those 'buckets' are still part of the mirror assembly) I just used a plastic furniture hole plug to fill in the brake side. 50 cents. On the clutch side, I just flipped the control clamp over. Free!
Do you have a pic of where you attached your turn signals for the tail tidy? And how do you remove those bottom buckets for the mirror assemble? Will it actually unscrew off? Tried with a wrench earlier, and used a bit of force and they didn't budge. Didn't want to apply more without knowing if they even unscrewed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts