Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just purchased the comp werkes Tail.Kit.Eliminator. for my street triple and i am just wondering if you use your stock signals or do they provide you with some ugly rounded ones, as i am partial to the triangles and dont want the back signals too different from the front signals.

My other question was I hear that after you put on the comp werkes t.k.e. there is a opening on the under panel of your bike where the stock tail kit came out of any suggestions for plugging this hole, i have heard of people using expansion foam which seems sketchy, wondering if a black peice of plast or steel can but cut to fit then glued from the inside??

·
Banned
941 Posts
BUMP!!! I'm probably buying the exact same kit soon and i didn't consider any of the things you said at all. someone with the kit...please chime in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here in Aus the kit comes with small triangular indicators.

I have since removed mine as it didn't fit too well with the grab rail that I fitted.

·
Banned
941 Posts
Here in Aus the kit comes with small triangular indicators.

I have since removed mine as it didn't fit too well with the grab rail that I fitted.
do you still have the fender eliminator? if so, do you want to sell it? :grouphug2:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when you installed the comp werkes kit was there a space left open where the OEM tail kit came out of and have you since filled it, i heard of people talking about his on other forums

·
Registered
98 Posts
when you installed the comp werkes kit was there a space left open where the OEM tail kit came out of and have you since filled it, i heard of people talking about his on other forums
Ye, just can't remember how open it was. Never worried me though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks for the quick reply to the post i just sent you a message saying you think it would look nice powder coated black both the plate holder and lighting fixture, or should i do gloss black with the high heat enamel

·
Registered
191 Posts
The "holes" are there with the CW kit, but then again, they were there with the stock tail too, you just didn't notice them since you couldn't see straight through.

As for the lights, as Mac said, they come with small triangular indicators, and if you're still running stock exhaust, those are the ones you'll need to use (or get other small aftermarket lights). The stock lights are too large to fit with the stock exhaust. If you go to CW website and look at the pics for the fender eliminator, it shows the signals that come with the kit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I installed an integrated tail light on my striple and have the same problem with the holes. Trying to think of an easy way to close that up but hopefully someone else here can share how they did it.

·
Super Moderator
11,897 Posts
Well there is one thing I can say about the holes. If you are thinking you need to fill them to prevent water from getting in there then I can assure you that it wasn't water tight before and in fact the stock license plate bracket directed water into there. I really don't think the holes are a problem and being open like it is it'll breathe better and dry out faster. If you were to seal up the sides somehow all the water that drains down around the seat at the back where there is no lip would just puddle in there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
I've installed a comp werkes FE on my ST3. Very easy to install. Bit of a gap underneath once the original plate bracket is removed, but as mentioned previously, better to leave it as is so any trapped water can drain away.
I think the included indicators suit the bike. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gaps

Hi Folks,
I installed mine and was very pleased. The turn signals that come with the kit are great in my opinion. Very bright. Also the gap you speak of is not much of an issue at all, unless you ride in the rain a lot. Either way, i find stuffing a small amount of foam in the area allows water to pass and keeps dirt from flying in. Worked for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
very nice, i still dislike the aluminum color to the comp werkes t.k.e. im gong to paint mine powder black so it blends in more, the raw aluminum looks out of place i.m.o.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Hi,
I've installed a comp werkes FE on my ST3. Very easy to install. Bit of a gap underneath once the original plate bracket is removed, but as mentioned previously, better to leave it as is so any trapped water can drain away.
I think the included indicators suit the bike. Here are some pics.
Sweet slip-ons. Who makes them?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts