Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!
Watching CNN at work, it looks cold over there in the States.
You guys fitting ice tyres to your bikes yet?
I've ridden through some major storms, flooded roads where the water has filled my boots, had lifted my feet up off the pegs too, and made me happy that the air intake is so high up!
Hot days that turned our roads to slow rivers of hot sticky goo, you had to park on the gravel off the side or your bike would sink the stand till it fell over.
And weather cold enough that breathing hurt.
But never ridden through ice.
I've had a few scary moments on frost and a little black ice low in hidden valleys, but I have never ridden on snow covered roads.
Watching the cars slide about, is it even possible?
And just how bad is it over there at the moment?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
-3 F here right now

boy its warm for drum

13603 (fort drun, ny)
-proof God hates the US military

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20deg C below…
Yea, I'd sign up for a wee trip to Iraq at about half that.
So a quick question, do you have to jump up and down to shake it back out when you take a leak?
Or is it in permanent hibernation till spring?
:rofl2:
Just did the Google search on your home.
Looks like a cool place to live/work (no pun intended)
I'll get to the States one of these days, love to go to NY and check it out.
But I'll plan it for the summer months!

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Meh... I've ridden to work everyday this whole winter... Bonus of living in Houston, TX I guess :p

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
You can ride on fresh snow with the OEM Pirellis, but not when there's ice underneath. :whistle:

·
Noob Hazer
12,385 Posts
Its 18F right now, suppose to get pretty warm around 34F today, but its going to snow all day of course.

We have about 9 inches of snow on the ground right now and suppose then plus today and Sunday I guess it is suppose to snow again. This is the first big snow we have had all winter, hopefully it isn't going to be another last year winter were we had snow in March.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
hooray for my hi -21f w/o windchill

as for drum its not horrible just cold and it takes getting used to

Ill be outta here in june anyway so im making the most of my one winter

as for the jump up and down after you pee, my rich uncle SAM said that can wait, like sleep, sex, and a normal life.....

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
He's too easy and he doesn't always take it well so what I said previously about Washingtonians is both applicable and appropriate and I'll have to leave it at that.

Back on topic we had a great day here it got up to 47F and I got to ride a bunch of different bikes.
Indeed....:rofl2:

·
Registered
2008 Triumph Daytona 675
929 Posts
-30c this morning.... :cold:

Saw this the other day... may have to try it out. Supposedly it really happens.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGjwe-BCfms"]YouTube - Evaporating Water in -30C in Yellowknife, NWT[/nomedia]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its 18F right now, suppose to get pretty warm around 34F today, but its going to snow all day of course.

We have about 9 inches of snow on the ground right now and suppose then plus today and Sunday I guess it is suppose to snow again. This is the first big snow we have had all winter, hopefully it isn't going to be another last year winter were we had snow in March.
I didn't realize it is so cold there that the snow doesn't melt. Just got back from KC to a warmer New Mexico where the temps are in the mid 40's and no snow on the ground. Plan on getting a ride in today before I head back over there for work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts