Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this. If I get a Coffman Slip on will I have to remap my fueling?
And if I do will it be mapped for a full system and mess up the engine?

2013 675R stock if that helps.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I am new to this. If I get a Coffman Slip on will I have to remap my fueling?
And if I do will it be mapped for a full system and mess up the engine?

2013 675R stock if that helps.
Shouldn't need a remap with just the slipon. You will need a module to fix the CEL because you will be removing the EXUP.

A full system map will not benefit you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Shouldn't need a remap with just the slipon. You will need a module to fix the CEL because you will be removing the EXUP.

A full system map will not benefit you.
I switched out my exhaust for an Austin racing slip on toward the end of riding season here in Ohio and I now have a noticeable difference in take off from a stopped position and a dip in the power curve as well. I would say it's only specific to one bike but the same thing happened to my 300 that my wife now rides, so now I have to remap both. I have read that if you make performance mods such as slip on's, air filters and even oil that you need to remap to adjust for different things. But at the end of it, you do get gains in hp when adding exhausts so if it's worth it to you, do your research and go for it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free Appb
-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read some stuff about the 2013s so I knew I needed a servo buddy, but will I need something for the fuel system like a power commander? Or do you think I will be fine. I just don't want to mess up the engine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Your engine will be fine. No need to worry about remapping for just a slip on unless you are trying to milk as much power out of the bike as you can, in which case a custom tune would be the go.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ill counter everyone else. You will need a re tune if it replaces the stock muffler box. AFRs will be crazy lean up top and it will have large un even spots mid throttle where the exup would have been moving. This has been posted here several times that it occurs when using a slip on.

Heres a slipon with no tune vs with a PC and tuned: I dont have the AFR charts with me but I assure you they were scary lean.

Edit: looked at their website. You will 100% need a PC and a tune. It will breakup all over the place and be annoying to ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2015 street triple and I gutted the cat and put on a Coffman slip-on.
I rode it to the shop where they put the Arrow map in it for about $40.
I didn't notice any difference between the Arrow tune or stock.
The Coffman was way too loud. I took it off and put a HP Corse on it.

I never seen a light on my dash.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
The CEL in reference is for the Daytona, not the Street Triple. The Street doesn't have an EXUP valve where the Daytona does. When you swap out the exhaust, you have to remove the EXUP which is where the CEL comes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts