Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm driving up that morning so I should be good and tired :( if I can swing it, I might stay the night in a hotel in palm springs so I'm a little closer to the track. I am running b group how about you?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im running group C. I am also driving the morning of, last time I drove their and back from Riverside and survived the drive, but laguna niguel is a little further. Do u have a trailer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I debated running c group because I have no clue how to get around that place. I figure if I'm a moving chicane out there I will drop down to c group. I just looked at the drive distance, 180 miles. God I might as well drive to Vegas

·
Mod & "Resident Baller"...
7,797 Posts
Yep, I'll be in "A" group. But I'm gonna see if Dustin will let me do a few additional runs in B as well to ride with a few of my other friends. He used to let me do all three groups, but a few of my teammates blew that for us when they were riding too fast in C. So he pulled all our C stickers.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Yep, I'll be in "A" group. But I'm gonna see if Dustin will let me do a few additional runs in B as well to ride with a few of my other friends. He used to let me do all three groups, but a few of my teammates blew that for us when they were riding too fast in C. So he pulled all our C stickers.
Have they invented an "A+" group for you yet Al?

O.B

·
Registered
288 Posts
It was good seeing you again Al. Unfortunately, I ran into countless bike issues, and wasn't able to get out there with you. I even got the Daytona prepped to go out, and found out the battery was dead. When I finally got it into tech, I saw the cloud of smoke from the flaming bike crash (good to see the rider was ok!) and decided somebody up there was trying to tell me not to ride, and I just packed up and left.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
It was good seeing you again Al. Unfortunately, I ran into countless bike issues, and wasn't able to get out there with you. I even got the Daytona prepped to go out, and found out the battery was dead. When I finally got it into tech, I saw the cloud of smoke from the flaming bike crash (good to see the rider was ok!) and decided somebody up there was trying to tell me not to ride, and I just packed up and left.
Damn man...a bike in flames!!! Was it an R6? I heard it was crowded and a crash fest. Anyone out there please fill me in with an After-Action Report

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was there both days, there was a ton of crashes on saturday most of them in C group. Sunday was not that bad, maybe two or three... I stayed at thge track and saturday night was super windy, blew my canopy and slammed it on the toy hauler ( I guess that's what happens in the middle of nowhere).
first time at chuckwalla and completely love that track, we ran both ways and liked them both maybe counter clockwise a little more. Great weekend but I hated the driving, too far for me!.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah, it was my first time there, as well, and it seemed like a fun track (again, bike troubles...). But it is a hell of a drive. I spent the night in Palm Springs, and it was still another hour + to the track in the morning. I might need to figure something else out for next time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad to see you guys had a good time. I was all set to go until I found out my bulldog had a huge tumor growing on his paw. Needless to say, trackdaz was super nice and let me have my money back. 2grand later, his tumor is gone as well as my future track day money for a few months. Sounds like a great track, would have loved to have made it out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
actually, that guy did a "Colin Edwards".. he caught fire while still riding it.. he bailed off of it to no be on fire himself. Pretty gnarly..

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
actually, that guy did a "Colin Edwards".. he caught fire while still riding it.. he bailed off of it to no be on fire himself. Pretty gnarly..
Damn Dustin that's pretty crazy!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.