Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I finally got my return pump for the turbo, worked like a charm even with quarter inch lines out of the turbo, the pump moves a surprising amount of oil. So i rode it yesterday no issues, today i rode it twice, no problems. Stop off at a shop to get oil, come out and the batterys dead so i say fuck, its probably this dread R/R issue everyone talks about. So i start it, gets like a quarter of the way home, oil starts pissing out of the turbo, bike shuts down. I figure at this point i fubared the turbo but w/e. I get it home, jump it, fires up, no oil. Awesome. So i check voltage at the battery with the bike running, 11.7. So i unplug the pump to make sure its not taking a ton of power away, no problem, stays 11.7, drops to 11.3 with some revs. So i go to the diagnosis thread, follow the steps. On my RR plug i tested the 3 leads v.s. the 4 on the output and on only two leads of the 4 wire plug (the two BLACK wires to be exact) do i get a resistance when touching one of the leads on the three prong plug. The values I get are .450, .723 and .702. Am I doing this right? The other two leads (of the four prong plug) I just get infinite resistance when touching a lead on the 3 prong. Next i moved onto the 3 wire stator side plug. I probe two different pins at a time, all the combos result in 0 or continuity i guess. I haven't tested the a/c output yet, but i figured I would run this by everyone first to ensure im doing this right and If im not, please school me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.