Triumph675.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install the OEM exhaust for my Daytona 675 (2012), but not quite sure how to get it on without taking the whole back seat off.

Here's the video explaining what I'm struggling with. (warning: I'm pretty inexperienced with bike maintenance)

Would love to hear some suggestions, thanks!

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Undo the top bolt on each side of the subframe. That will give you enough room to lift the subframe a couple of inches. You can then fit the midpipe under the subframe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried removing them with an Allen wrench but they're on their ultra-tight. Any recommendation on what tool I could use to undo those bolts?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Yeah it's probably a bit tight for an allen wrench. Did you try undoing it from the inside nut using a 14mm spanner? You still need to hold the outside of the bolt with the allen wrench.

You could get some better leverage on your allen wrench by sliding a piece of pipe over it or anything that will give it some more length.
Ideally you want to use a hex bit socket like the one in the link below and at least a 3/8" drive ratchet....
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...---3-8-inch-drive-metric-7-pieces/326049.html

·
Registered
54 Posts
+1 for the removal of the top bolt - I had a long enough hex which worked, but will certainly help if you have a spanner to lock in on the inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts