Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a front wheel for my 09 Daytona. I know they changed a lot of little stuff for 09 like calipers, and a lot more. Did the wheels change at all. I Have an opportunity to buy some wheels of of an 07 and want to make sure they are going to fit. :huh:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Bike Bandit lists the same front wheel part number for both !! But I would check with a dealer to be sure.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If I recall the front is the same, but the rear, on the newer bikes, is much lighter, and therefore, different.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The front axle is also different, which is more a function of the forks changing IMO. The axle on your 09 enters from the rider's right side POV, where as on the 06-08s, it enters from the left. It's also a different design on the end. Might not matter in the wheel however. I'd check out the bikebandit bearing part numbers on an 09 and an 08. Actually, as the user above said I would call a dealer. In fact I would call several and cross reference answers.

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
Both wheels fit perfectly with no mods. Front is identical in all years, the axle just goes in the left on 06-08 and the right on 09+. 09+ rears are lighter but functionally identical, you can use the same brake rotor and sprocket too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts