Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and me mucker went to see this today. Its for him, here's the spec:
07 20,000 miles, fsh, 4 owners, £4,300. comes with 3 month warranty full m.o.t

Tried to take as many as I could, not really sure what I was looking for. Fairing seems in good condition considering the mileage, tyres are new both front and rear. Battery is dead but that'll be replaced comes with a datatool alarm.
Started straight up from cold with a optimizer on, sounded clean and fresh, no spluttering.

·
Registered
437 Posts
it is indeed a nice looking bike, but i have seen a lot of d675's selling for cheaper than that with a lot less miles on them. and they are newer as well. personally i would keep looking a bit.

but then again it is coming up to summer and prices will start to go up again for these beauties. i would still check out the classifieds here...

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
For having four owners, that bike looks in pretty good shape! If you can't find any better deals than pick it up.

Let us know how it goes. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies/ I've been told off other forum members off another site that the chain and sprocket look like they're on there way out.

The garage do have the book that has been stamped, but they have no paperwork saying what has been replaced etc.

I've been looking for a while now and this price seems ok but then again since posting the info I have seen others with a lot less mileage and they're not too much more expensive.

Mate of mine has advised me that I should maybe find an older model with less miles on if I don't want to spend much more.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks for the replies/ I've been told off other forum members off another site that the chain and sprocket look like they're on there way out.

The garage do have the book that has been stamped, but they have no paperwork saying what has been replaced etc.

I've been looking for a while now and this price seems ok but then again since posting the info I have seen others with a lot less mileage and they're not too much more expensive.

Mate of mine has advised me that I should maybe find an older model with less miles on if I don't want to spend much more.
that's the first thing I noticed. You might be able to clean it up though...I've seen worse...

Price wise I'm not sure I can compare, but for that high milage, year $6,898 USD seems a bit much. But again, that could vary by location. Seems clean otherwise.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I'm not liking the 4 owners at all, but the bike looks quite good. This not being a country where people get a riding licence with every Happy Meal eases the initial worry, though. I'd be curious as to why they sold, but the bike having done its fair share of miles should prove it's reliable.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
looking at it, to me it looks like its been sitting a while. got the rust on the chain, sprocket, and maybe a little on the rear rotor. but thats just what im seeing.
You forgot the dead battery, definitely been sitting. Good chance the chain will clean up but the sprocket is done, teeth are worn.

Scorched Yellow 08? Probably didn't come that way. Now why on Earth would anyone want to replace all the plastics? Hmmm.....

·
Registered
712 Posts
just now read about the battery. it could be just a dead battery, but may have more issues than you know if its dead. could be dead due to the r/r, the stator, could have a drain from something not being hooked up right. and with only a 3 month warranty many of us on this site can make it run for 3 months perfect and show no issues. then the day after it runs out it may start going to shit. i guess the part i dont like the most is the 4 owners.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
just now read about the battery. it could be just a dead battery, but may have more issues than you know if its dead. could be dead due to the r/r, the stator, could have a drain from something not being hooked up right. and with only a 3 month warranty many of us on this site can make it run for 3 months perfect and show no issues. then the day after it runs out it may start going to shit. i guess the part i dont like the most is the 4 owners.
Or it could be that it's been sitting with the alarm.

·
Registered
154 Posts
get them to charge the battery & take a volt meater with you. if all's good tell him to buy it.
renthal sprocket 30 quid chain 60 quid ... but they can wait until he gets paid.
as long as the voltage is holding (rectifier good) & the alternator is charging go for it

4 owners doesn't maen anything back in blighty. 2 were skint one shat himself & the other never rode it.

no point asking people on here. take a mechanic buddy with you & get it chercked out or take it to a garage you trust.

just my 2p

all the best

1 - 15 of 15 Posts