Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went riding the other day and noticed something sticking out from the side of the bike. Lo and behold the friggen motor mount is broken and the bolt has slid a few inches out. It sheared off at the nut and looks to me like the friggen thing had a fatigue failure and then bounced around for awhile before I noticed. I poked around the forum and it seems I'm not the first this has happened to. So here's my question, anyone replaced this bolt before and were there any hiccups that I should keep an eye out for? Also does anyone out here have any kind of published torque spec for these motor mount bolts?

Thanks,

Also for any metallurgists/ materials nerds out there I've attached a couple microscope shots of the broken threads that I took at work.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
By the looks of the engine cover you have an early model (2006/2007?) so it's out of warranty. That said I'd still go to the dealer and see if you can get one free out of Triumph. Something like that shouldn't fail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already talked to the dealership in my area but no avail. It's pretty cheap for the hardware so it's not that big a deal but I'll be definitely a little nervous about this for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offer. I'd take you up on it but I'd already ordered the parts and they are on the way.

I take it you've seen this before then :nod:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
No, I race a 675 so I've bought several parts bikes and tore them down. I have never had to replace one of those but I have 2 or 3 laying around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts