Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought some of these today from British Customs (Slider Pucks) for my 2010 Daytona, they are supposed to be for '09-on, because Triumph redesigned the panels for '09-on. Anyway, I got the right side mounted, then tried the side panel on for clearance, and the slider mount is causing the side panel to bend outward at least 3/8" where it hits it, which tells me it will either crack the paint, the plastic or both before long. They told me the included 2 small washers are to help space the panel out, but NO WAY is any washer that small going to help with this.

Any of you guys using these sliders have this problem? Am I missing something here?
It may be just a '09-on problem.
I don't want to screw up the panel trying to protect it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Bought some of these today from British Customs (Slider Pucks) for my 2010 Daytona, they are supposed to be for '09-on, because Triumph redesigned the panels for '09-on. Anyway, I got the right side mounted, then tried the side panel on for clearance, and the slider mount is causing the side panel to bend outward at least 3/8" where it hits it, which tells me it will either crack the paint, the plastic or both before long. They told me the included 2 small washers are to help space the panel out, but NO WAY is any washer that small going to help with this.

Any of you guys using these sliders have this problem? Am I missing something here?
It may be just a '09-on problem.
I don't want to screw up the panel trying to protect it.
Just give them a call. In my experience, they are more than accommodating and are always willing to help out. If you're local to SoCal, why don't you just go in the shop and have Alex check out your bike? The guy that designed the British Customs frame sliders owns a Daytona himself so fitment shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just give them a call. In my experience, they are more than accommodating and are always willing to help out. If you're local to SoCal, why don't you just go in the shop and have Alex check out your bike? The guy that designed the British Customs frame sliders owns a Daytona himself so fitment shouldn't be an issue.
I will give them a call. The guys at British Customs have a '06 with the sliders mounted to, which apparently has a larger gap between the side panel and the engine/frame. These WILL work on my '10, but I'll have to use some 1/4"+ spacers on a few of the side panel upper mounting points if I don't want the panel to make contact with the slider mount and bend the plastic.

SWI said:
Spoiled is right, the fairing lowers have not changed design, only colours.
They may look like the same shape, but the gap apparently changed between the side panel and the engine/frame. The even told me they had to redesign the slider so it would fit the '09-On Daytonas.
I'll call BC and see what they say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an 08 and a 10 and have had no issue with instalation of the no cut sliders. I wonder if you have installed the carrier brackets the wrong way round.
Nope, you can't install them upside-down, nor can you install them on the wrong side (they are different lengths and hole spacing).

Here's the deal, and my '10 Daytona is the same as an '11 I just saw on the showroom floor. With NO slider assembly on, just the normal gap on the right side between the bodywork and the engine, I can't even get my pinky in there, it's maybe a 1/4-3/8" gap. Now they're asking me to bolt this slider mount in that same area that is 1/2" thick. That's the issue. If I didn't care about bending the bodyworks plastic from the pressure, then sure it'd be fine, but I'm concerned it would crack in time. So, the bodywork needs to be spaced out in a few areas (3/8" or so) to increase the gap. It amazes me that others haven't experienced this, unless they're fine with bending the plastic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts