Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes, have your dealers replace the RR units regardless if they seem okay now or not. They tend to fail during hotter temperatures, so be ready and secure for spring and summer.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The snow's melted enough here. Made the old lady help me put a new deck on my trailer this weekend so I don't have to wait to use a friend's pick up. I'll be carting the bike there tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Yes, have your dealers replace the RR units regardless if they seem okay now or not. They tend to fail during hotter temperatures, so be ready and secure for spring and summer.
I highly doubt you can insist or demand (well you could try) that the dealer replace a non-faulty R/R just because it "might" fail. If your dealer will go for this, PLEASE PM me with the dealer contact number so I can have a new unit as well - I'll even install it myself. :grin:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I highly doubt you can insist or demand (well you could try) that the dealer replace a non-faulty R/R just because it "might" fail. If your dealer will go for this, PLEASE PM me with the dealer contact number so I can have a new unit as well - I'll even install it myself. :grin:
^What he said. As dealers we have to have proof of a faulty item, then we also have to send the item back to Triumph for their inspection. Hopefully you don't have a reg/rec issue in the future, however replacing it 'just incase' probably won't work lol.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well, my headlights were changing intensity intermittently so I took her in for an electrical check. I had checked my voltage across the battery myself and I had 14.5v which is correct.

They said that my unit was operating correctly but running at an extremely high temperature of 220 degrees so they changed it out. My old unit was very hot to the touch too.

It don't hurt to ask for an electrical check even if it's seem okay. Heck, I was going to change mine out anyway just for the peace of mind factor but hey, that's just me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts