Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the 675 I just bought ('09 Daytona 675) was laid down by the PO, brake pedal end snapped off, only the toe peg part, the lever is still there.

First thing i looked at was the OEM replacement. (#13 on there.)

http://www.bikebandit.com/2008-trium...7638#sch568329

Stupid. Not paying $90 for a freakin pedal. So now I looked for alternatives, but beings how this is a semi-exotic it is seriously hard to find aftermarket parts for it, and even longer to order something for it most of the time.

http://www.madss.com/eshopprod_cat_6...G_BRAKE_LE.htm

Thats the closest thing i could find but they don't have one specifically for the 675, just Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda... Nobody has anything lol..

Anyway I'm wondering if this stuff is essentially the same..
1)Will a pedal from a different bike fit?
2)Can I weld a toe piece on to the end instead of replacing it?
3)Are there any alternatives?
4)Am i doomed to buying the OEM sham and waiting weeks for it to ship?

I looked for Folding and Adjustable pedals but no one has anything for the Triumphs, i'm guessing because there isnt much demand for them and/or they havent had a donor bike to take measurements on. I figured since I had the lever still there that welding something onto the end for my foot to catch wouldnt be too hard to do. I do not want to buy rearsets.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
25 post and something like a month minimum. If you can't wait that long I can start a thread for you.
been pm'ing people with parts available, i have TD coming up soon so if i cant get one by then ill just fab something onto the end of the lever. thanks though

Just be a little patient with Ebay. I always find what I need on there sooner than later.

Besides, who uses the rear brake anyway?:laugh:
lol, i still do alot of street riding / traffic commuting and have come to treasure the rear brake :laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.