Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what kind of brake pads do you guys mostly prefer to use??? since oem pads are a little steep... i've searched for this but im getting all mixes opinions on certain brand..the bike is mostly street ridden and mostly canyon

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I still prefere the original Nissin but as you said the price is stupid.

Alternative
Carbon Lorain from STG.
Price is good and pads are great.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I have the EBC Double Sintered's. Not too sure if it is just me, but they feel like they do not have the bite the OEM's did.
yeah I have these as-well they get better once heated up, but the OEM pads had way more of an initial bite than the EBC's ill be going back to stock after these wear out.

·
Banned
365 Posts
ya mines is close to 9k, I can still see the grooves on the pads .. just looking around now so i know what to get when the time comes
My OEM's lasted just under 20k. The back was metal on metal tho

·
Registered
832 Posts
yeah I have these as-well they get better once heated up, but the OEM pads had way more of an initial bite than the EBC's ill be going back to stock after these wear out.
+1

I also installed the EBC Double H Sintered, and they're pretty good, but the OEM pads were really good. I plan on switching back to them as well.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
OEM's on my street 675 are totally fine. For my race bike though, I have tried several options.

OEM - Tried them when I first started out, they were fine but it seemed that I went through them pretty quickly.

EBC HH - Good feel, initial bite was pretty good.. Used them through novice and intermediate.

Carbon 55? - Stop on a dime, a little grabby but great nonetheless and good wear. Still on my original set from last season. Use them in advanced and for racing. Will buy a new set come mid season.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have the OEM in both my street R for the road and My Daytona race bike.
I find they do not last as long as others in the race bike but I am yet to find a pad that has the initial bite and feel, so I'm stuck with the $175.50 (for both calipers) every 4-6 race meetings.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have the OEM in both my street R for the road and My Daytona race bike.
I find they do not last as long as others in the race bike but I am yet to find a pad that has the initial bite and feel, so I'm stuck with the $175.50 (for both calipers) every 4-6 race meetings.
I agree with all the comments about the OEM pads, they have a much better feel, im using the EBC HH but will be going back to OEM next time.. Yes the OEM wear fast on the track - not:cool2:.

·
Registered
474 Posts
After posting the earlier reply I had to go and buy a new set of pads for racing this weekend, so in I go and low and behold the price is now $195.00 per side, that's nearly $400 for pads, so for this weekend I'll be using SBS pads for $120 instead.
I was also told that front rotors were $640 a pair last year they are now $640 each, WTF are they doing, for that price of spares I can nearly justify the cost of racing a superbike again.

·
Banned
365 Posts
After posting the earlier reply I had to go and buy a new set of pads for racing this weekend, so in I go and low and behold the price is now $195.00 per side, that's nearly $400 for pads, so for this weekend I'll be using SBS pads for $120 instead.
I was also told that front rotors were $640 a pair last year they are now $640 each, WTF are they doing, for that price of spares I can nearly justify the cost of racing a superbike again.
Ouch!
I think your one of the guys who see's charlie 4 memory. Not sure what pads he has on that wall/put on mine, but I paid $80 for the rear and bout $150 up front :thumbup:
Got no complaints in regards to power or progression

·
Registered
249 Posts
Umm... kinda lost here. So i was looking at the prices everyone was posting on OEM's and got slightly curious as to how much Bike Bandit wanted for them.

It looks like they are about $60 a side, (without shipping). Are we still talking about the same parts?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OEM's on my street 675 are totally fine. For my race bike though, I have tried several options.

OEM - Tried them when I first started out, they were fine but it seemed that I went through them pretty quickly.

EBC HH - Good feel, initial bite was pretty good.. Used them through novice and intermediate.

Carbon 55? - Stop on a dime, a little grabby but great nonetheless and good wear. Still on my original set from last season. Use them in advanced and for racing. Will buy a new set come mid season.
Jstu Where? N how much are the carbon 55

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.