Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, this question is about my car, but the Acura TSX forums are not very active. I was hoping someone here could help me out instead.

I'm not too familiar with electrical stuff, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. My girlfriend told me my brake light was out, so I checked it out. Basically one of the lights doesn't turn on when the brakes are applied....easy enough....just replace the bulb and move on, right? Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. If I turn on my headlights, the taillight turns on and stays on fine. It's just that when I apply the brakes, its supposed to turn much brighter. It's fine on one side, but the other side just stays lit as a taillight. Please help if you can.... I want to get this addressed before I get pulled over. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
53 Posts
When the brake is applied a second, brighter filament in the tail light bulb is usually lit, or a second bulb all together. Either way, the taillight you see is a separate bulb/filament from the brighter brake light bulb/filament.

Checking for a bad brake light bulb is still on the table as the first thing to do in your case.

·
Banned
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the brake is applied a second, brighter filament in the tail light bulb is usually lit, or a second bulb all together. Either way, the taillight you see is a separate bulb/filament from the brighter brake light bulb/filament.

Checking for a bad brake light bulb is still on the table as the first thing to do in your case.
Thanks Lou! Will hit up an autoparts store and try replacing the bulb. Totally didn't know about the separate filament. :notworthy: ManagerLou

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
HID brake lights FTW :rofl2:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I just replaced me entire end with 7watt high power 20m-smt led brake lights, reverse and turn signals:

Check it out:
Love the instant on/off now.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOX0Rtpq5O4"]YouTube - LED/V-LED tailights: 05' Subaru STi[/nomedia]

-Nigel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.