Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
my project track bike is coming along well, but I noticed since the day I got the bike that I could pull the brake lever all the way to the bar with enough pressure. I could not do this on any other of my bikes with steel braided lines. I have tried to bleed over and over using all the usual tactics(vacuums, pressure, the old school way) but cant seem to get that squishy feel out of them:thumbdown:
Am I just a total tard or do these lines expand more then normal stainless lines? I am no amateur when it comes to bleeding so I tend to lean more towards the lines... Im still inclined to beleive that there is air in the lines but I don't see how:1banghead:

Any comments would help.
thanks!
Don

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
You might try tapping the caliper when you are bleeding. Sometimes air can get stuck in weird places and just needs to be coaxed out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey guys,
my project track bike is coming along well, but I noticed since the day I got the bike that I could pull the brake lever all the way to the bar with enough pressure. I could not do this on any other of my bikes with steel braided lines. I have tried to bleed over and over using all the usual tactics(vacuums, pressure, the old school way) but cant seem to get that squishy feel out of them:thumbdown:
Am I just a total tard or do these lines expand more then normal stainless lines? I am no amateur when it comes to bleeding so I tend to lean more towards the lines... Im still inclined to beleive that there is air in the lines but I don't see how:1banghead:

Any comments would help.
thanks!
Don
Hey, i have the same problem, i have had it bled with a vacuum pump and everything. Still shite.

I've had to replace the stock bleeding nipples too because they leaked !

- Kevin

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It's not the lines.
Your lines are going to be fine unless they where damaged and maybe they leak. But I think you'd eventually notice the leak. Keep trying, bleed from any/all junctions. When a system has been opened (you said you took the calipers off) it can sometimes be a bear, and take a long time to get them to bleed up.

And as the post in front of stated... look for something that the pads are squeezing. Screwed up backing plate, something bent. Something thats taking up the the "squeeze", or movement of the pads, but making you think its just air. But maybe it is just trapped air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.