Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a TranX260 rechargeable transponder w/ charger. Must hold a charge w/ 4 flashing green lights. Can Paypal or send a check, will pay $280 shipped to 98005.

Paul

BTW I know I'll probably have more replies on the WERA forum, I'd rather try here first.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Hey Paul,

Can't you rent them at the track on race day?

Unless you have a lead on buying one.

(getting off topic)

Also, Sean from Trackoholics recommended 5W oil for my shocks. Going with a 110mm air gap with 5W oil...we'll see how that goes. What weight oil were you and Mario using?

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can rent them for $60, yes, but turns out CVR may be going with the same system that WSMC is currently implementing. If they go through with it, individual transponders will be about 40 cents. As opposed to $400. Pretty cool.

Yep, saw your e-mail. 110mm gap and 5wt are what Mario and I both used. Probably the same brand oil too, I know Sean is close with Race Tech.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
You can rent them for $60, yes, but turns out CVR may be going with the same system that WSMC is currently implementing. If they go through with it, individual transponders will be about 40 cents. As opposed to $400. Pretty cool.

Yep, saw your e-mail. 110mm gap and 5wt are what Mario and I both used. Probably the same brand oil too, I know Sean is close with Race Tech.
Yep...cool...glad I made the right choice. At first I told him 10W. But I think I was mixing up oil weight recommendation because I think that's what's recommended for my Bonnie since whats inside now is makes my forks feel too mushy. I will probably swap it for progressive springs and maybe put some different valves in there too.

WOW...that's pretty cool!!! At 40 cents, Im thinking they are using a passive system like the RECCO system they put on ski and snowboard gear to help find avalanche victims--no need for batteries and very cheap; instead of an active system like the AMBs that required batteries.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul, when you heading down for some TD's?
Signed up for Friday March 11th at CVR w/ Trackdaz. If you stick around Saturday & Sunday you can watch us race!

WOW...that's pretty cool!!! At 40 cents, Im thinking they are using a passive system like the RECCO system they put on ski and snowboard gear to help find avalanche victims--no need for batteries and very cheap; instead of an active system like the AMBs that required batteries.
Exactly, just a stamp-sized RFID sticker. We'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.