Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me just start out by saying WOW. This Eastwood gun is amazing and very affordable. The powder coating gun retails for $100 but I found one on ebay brand new for $60 shipped directly from Eastwood. I bought an electric toaster oven at Walmart to bake my parts for $30 and it does the job just fine. I coated a old brake lever today just to see how the thing works and it gives you results as if it was professionally done. I also couldnt believe how simple it was to work the system. I can't wait to start taking the rearsets, kickstand, passenger pegs, and levers off the Daytona. The lever I did today came out pretty good just has a few little nicks on it from when I was trying to hang it in the toaster oven it hit the hooks a little bit. Now I have everything thing figure out how to hang parts and place them in the oven without getting them scratched. Next weekend I will most likely put the bike on my rear stand and take the parts off. Once they are done I will make sure to post pics to show the results. I spent a total of $100 to do the parts myself. That money bought the machine, toaster oven, and powder to do as many parts as I would like.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give us pics of the gun and a model number on both the gun and oven...

Thanks,
-Nigel
Heres the link to the gun I got it cheaper on ebay for $60 free shipping directly from Eastwood in 2 days delivered to my door
http://www.eastwood.com/original-hotcoat-powdercoating-gun-1.html

And heres the link for the toaster I took the floor model because it was the last one left and they gave it to me for $30
http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Convection-Toaster-Oven/12016177

Looks like Craftsman makes one that doesn't need a compressor. I guess I'll be going to Sears tomorrow...:nod:
Craftsman one is garbage the cartridge where the powder slides in breaks so easily and they dont sell them in stores anymore I only seen them on ebay if you read the reviews those ones are hit or miss some work good some dont the Eastwood one got all good reviews thats why I went with that one

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do but I wont be able to get to my bike until mid Feb. because my aunt decided to store a ton of shit in the garage and blocked my bike in so I cant even get to it to take parts off it

·
Registered
957 Posts
just ordered mine a day ago, should be here today. i got the dual voltage, cant wait to try it. i have been looking on cragis list for a toaster oven. hoping to find a bigger pizza style one to do wheels and bigger stuff.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If your looking for a bigger oven always check craigslist free section for an electric oven theres always people trying to get rid of them the only thing you need to have for it is the 220 hook up I was going to pick one up for free that I found but I dont have a 220 hook up in my basement

·
Registered
957 Posts
If your looking for a bigger oven always check craigslist free section for an electric oven theres always people trying to get rid of them the only thing you need to have for it is the 220 hook up I was going to pick one up for free that I found but I dont have a 220 hook up in my basement
I thought of that but I have the same problem, no 220.

Just found one

"Free toaster oven made by Cooks. Works perfectly. It's clean. Outside is black (with some small smudges on the top) and inside is silver. Measures 17.5"" wide x 10.5"" tall x 11"" deep. Available for pick up immediately!"

·
Registered
957 Posts
So how to you cover the area that is on the rack or the spot were it is hanging on the wire? Like if you wanted to powder coat a rim? at least one part of it would be touching the metal it reasting on
wire through a bolt hole, thread a bolt into the hole a wire to that, wire through the hub, a million ways.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts