Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I think I've tried on almost every MC boot know to man and cannot seem to find a pair that fits. I'm tired of wearing all proper gear EXCEPT boots (currently wearing military type boots on bike). Does anyone know of a decent high boot (shin plates) that comes in NARROW widths? Even if I use a thicker insole in a regular pair, the leg openings are HUGE on me due to my equally skinny legs. Ugh. Any one with same problem or know of a NARROW width full MC boot? Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Have you tried on Sidi? They are naturally skinny fit. I had a pair of their low boots and had to get rid of them because they were killing my feet. I don't have a fat foot by any means but man those things were killing me!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I like Sidi's for the foot fit... however they are still too big in the ankle and calf area. My foot fits in them fine, but then my heel slops up and down due to the poor ankle/leg fit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
+1 I have a pair of Sidi Typhoons that I ride in. Can't say I'm pleased with the fastening system on this particular style (4 different hook-and-loop fasteners on each boot), but they are comfy. I have a pretty narrow foot and bird-legs to match. The boots are NOT tight against my shin, but the gap isn't huge and the interior of the boot is soft enough that walking around in them doesn't irritate my legs. It certainly doesn't feel like when you're a kid and slip into a pair of your dads rubber boots, lol.

Edit: Just saw your 2nd post. As I said above, the fitment at the calf is not snug on me, but it actually does allow for a bit more mobility when off the bike. And I don't have an issue with too much slack around the ankle. This pair at least seems to snug up nicely in that area.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Yeah I don't much else that is more snug than the Sidis. I'm sure the excess space around the shin/calf is to be able to fit leathers in there comfortably. The Pumas are nice and feel real snug but I don't have skinny legs/calves.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have a pair of Alpinestar SMS-Plus boots that I use for the track. They are expensive but the most comfy pair of boots I have ever worn (I have narrow feet at well). The reason they are nice is because they have an internal lacing system that you can pull as tight as you want against your feet, then the outside ratchets up like a ski boot. They do squeek because the outside plastic pieces rub up against each other when you pull the boot tight. But I would rather have a comfy boot that squeeks, then a silent boot that feels loose on my foot.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I forgot also that the Puma's had an internal lacing system (somewhat) to tightening them down onto your foot. Then the standard buckle system that wraps around your calf with some adjustment.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Wide feet + skinny calves here, and my Sidis (Vertigo ? Vortice ? I never can remember...) still have plenty of calf adjustment left, despite my wearing them under the pants, so you might give them a try.

·
Banned
941 Posts
Your feet are too narrow and your legs are too skinny for any regular boots? Why not try a children's or women's size? I'm not calling you a child or a woman, but if the boot fits.....

·
Registered
752 Posts
Full boots will not fit your calfs for a good reason. Your leathers are meant to be tucked inside the boot, so they leave plenty of extra room for that reason. The only way you'll get around this is by going with Dainese Boots, because they are meant to go underneath the leathers. Pricey though.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Full boots will not fit your calfs for a good reason. Your leathers are meant to be tucked inside the boot, so they leave plenty of extra room for that reason. The only way you'll get around this is by going with Dainese Boots, because they are meant to go underneath the leathers. Pricey though.
Hmm... I have thought of this. I know the "Torque-IN" boots are meant to go inside the pants, so they may work. Unfortunately that's one of few that I haven't tried on yet! Pricey... indeed. Looks like their aren't too many options though. I've even though maybe if I can even find a boot that I'm happy enough with foot fit, then a taylor perhaps could slice and splice the upper to narrow it? Worth a thought I guess.
Thank's for all the feedback guys!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok... I think I've tried on almost every MC boot know to man and cannot seem to find a pair that fits. I'm tired of wearing all proper gear EXCEPT boots (currently wearing military type boots on bike). Does anyone know of a decent high boot (shin plates) that comes in NARROW widths? Even if I use a thicker insole in a regular pair, the leg openings are HUGE on me due to my equally skinny legs. Ugh. Any one with same problem or know of a NARROW width full MC boot? Thanks for any feedback!
I have skinny legs and I wear PUMA 1000 v2's in US8 and they fit really well. Adjustable enough that they fit well with or without leathers/pants inside them :D

You should look into them! :)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Sidi higher end (Vertigo/Vortice/and the New ST might also work) can adjust pretty good. I have chicken legs as well and my Vertigo Corsa's fit well. Just picked up a once lightly lowsided pair of A* SMX Plus ($130 shipped=:thumbup:)and the motocross style calf adjuster gets plenty tight and the aforementioned internal lacing keeps everything from moving around (even better than my Vertigo Corsa's). The majority of my riding is in jeans without anything tucked into the boot.

·
Banned
941 Posts
Hmm... I have thought of this. I know the "Torque-IN" boots are meant to go inside the pants, so they may work. Unfortunately that's one of few that I haven't tried on yet! Pricey... indeed. Looks like their aren't too many options though. I've even though maybe if I can even find a boot that I'm happy enough with foot fit, then a taylor perhaps could slice and splice the upper to narrow it? Worth a thought I guess.
Thank's for all the feedback guys!
Did you see my post on trying children's or women's sizes? :curtsey:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts