Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was window shopping with my brother for some bikes (can you believe he doesn't want a D675) and was tooling around to the different sites. Found this and now very interested in the BMW! They have some great incentive programs to buy a bike from them. Here you go:

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html

·
Registered
280 Posts
BMW is pretty good about deals/incentives. When I bought my F800S bmw had 1500 off msrp. Then the dealer gave me another 1000 off, and 30% off all accesories for a week after date of perchase. :notworthy:

Trying to keep the signing bonus buyers alive, at least someone is doing it.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to keep the signing bonus buyers alive, at least someone is doing it.
You know it's weird that other manufacturers don't give a gear incentive to the military. It's mandatory for us to wear the gear and why not have a one stop shop to match my bike and with great deals? My dad rides a Vulcan 900 but he wears his mall bought leather jacket. Yeah it does the job for the weather but as far as protection goes man if he eats it he's toast.

·
Registered
280 Posts
You know it's weird that other manufacturers don't give a gear incentive to the military. It's mandatory for us to wear the gear and why not have a one stop shop to match my bike and with great deals? My dad rides a Vulcan 900 but he wears his mall bought leather jacket. Yeah it does the job for the weather but as far as protection goes man if he eats it he's toast.
What I thought was dumb, you have to wear gear if you ride a sport bike, but not a cruiser. Thats what I heard through the grape vine, not sure if its completely true, but its what I've heard.

·
Registered
566 Posts
What I thought was dumb, you have to wear gear if you ride a sport bike, but not a cruiser. Thats what I heard through the grape vine, not sure if its completely true, but its what I've heard.
nah, debunked. but what the military conciders gear is; any boots (chucks will work), jeans and a long sleave shirt, helmet, gloves and sunglasses if you have a bucket helmet.

You arent required to wear any sort of actual protective gear in actuality except for the DOT aproved helmet.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah, debunked. but what the military conciders gear is; any boots (chucks will work), jeans and a long sleave shirt, helmet, gloves and sunglasses if you have a bucket helmet.

You arent required to wear any sort of actual protective gear in actuality except for the DOT aproved helmet.
Very true. The term "gear" is very general/vague. They don't specify anything other than a DOT approved helmet, over the ankle footwear and full fingered gloves. The gloves don't even have to be protective. Someone can wear some batting gloves and it would be ok! I've felt the grind of the pavement with my YZF1K so I'm geared up every day I ride.

I didn't know about Triumph having a military incentive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts