Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have just started to produce billet heat exchangers.
You all know the problem that some time or another when on the track your stock heat exchanger will fail and leave you with oil in the water and water in the oil and possibly and blown engine.
Simply remove the stock heat exchanger, blank off the water pipes and fit our cooler.

MADE IN THE UK :thumbsup:

For a limited time only we are offering these at £100 and can ship worldwide.
For more info and to purchase see here http://www.ukracesupport.co.uk/Daytona675engine.html

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is our cheaper option to the full race oil cooler. The race oil cooler is aimed at tuned engines producing more power and heat. This billet cooler is for road guys doing trackdays or racers on a budget.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both will work on a race motor, its just the billet one wont cool the oil as good so the engine will run hotter. Engines produce peak power at 85 degrees C. anything above that then losses in power form as heat goes up. So you need to keep the engine around 85.

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Any fitment issues with aftermarket exhaust headers?

Anyone in the US want to go in on two of these with me?

·
Super Moderator
2,821 Posts
Just to ease my mind, there was a thread arguing about having a separate cooler for oil and coolant and it causing a problem not having the temps matching or something like that.

And a dumb question, so this cools the oil, the coolant lines just get blocked off and continue their normal path through the radiator? Kit include anything to block off the coolant too? Or what is needed? Simple stuff? Sorry bike not with me at the moment to look!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are arguments about temp mismatch between oil and water but its nothing we have to worry about. All performance/race engines have a seperate oil cooler and water rad. The heat exchanger is a cheap way of trying to add cooling to the engine.

The two water lines must be capped off and not allowed to flow water or the water system will get hotter than it should

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm happy to help coordinate a group buy for the continental US, but also willing to simply participate if someone else wants to head it up.

TRS - do you want to PM me about it and then I can do a separate thread so as to not clog this one up?

P.S. What is best to use to cap the disused water lines?

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Si, sent you a message via PM.

Nuno!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts