Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to start my bike last night (08 Daytona) and nothing would happen. I chalked it up to a dead battery and tossed it on the charger for the night. This afternoon I went to start it again and some deal.

The gauge cluster doesnt seem to get any power, the fuel pump doesnt prime, the exup doesnt cycle. The only things that do work are the headlights, horn, brake light and turn signals.

I have worked on the bike recently:

-Installed Ducati mirrors with turn signals
-Installed new muffler
-Installed d'eccosse R/R kit
-Cleaned up rear turn signal wires

The bike started and ran fine on Monday after the above was done. No CELs or any other weird occurences.

I've checked all fuses and they were all fine. Is there an ECU or gauge cluster fuse somewhere? Ive heard these bikes will not start if the gauge cluster isn't working, so thats what has my attention.

Should I be looking elsewhere?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:laugh:

Thanks for trying to make me feel like less of an ass :thumbup:

I kind of expected the gauges to still work though, but I guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Dont worry...Ive done it too...

Including tearing down all the fairings to see if there's a cut or disconnected wire...only to see its my damn killswitch.

Another moment came when I was about to drop the engine because my shifter wouldn't downshift and thought I had major transmission problems....to luckily realize that the adjuster nuts got loose and the shift rod worked its way up.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
..................then there was the time when I finished my Daytona Street project and went to start the bike. Nothing. Tried a few times. Nothing. Then I remembered, you have to pull the clutch in. DOH! :whistle:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did it as well, I even phoned the dealership to see if they knew what was up with my bike, felt like a right idiot - I've never done it since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts